1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink download

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rtouma, Mar 9, 2005.

1. rtouma

rtouma Guest

i'm trying to download dvd shrink and all i get is media player. Any 1 know why???

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

3. rtouma

rtouma Guest

The same thing just happened.It downloaded Movieplayer.
    What's puzzling me is that i've dowloaded this same software on my new windows XP computer and it works fine!i'm having problems with my new comp so i figured to download dvd shrink on this 1 which has windows 98.Can that b d problem???

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

You are not downloading a media player.

DVD Shrink is downloaded in a ZIP archive file and must be extracted to install. Windows XP has built in, the ability to extract from ZIP archives. Windows 98 does not. You need to install a program to extract (unzip) these files.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=free+zip+software

You probably don't have such software installed, and may have somehow associated zip files with whatever media player that is opening. Installing zip software should change that association and will unzip DVD Shrink so it can be installed.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

like wolf said, have a look at the guides, but also look on the internet for some basic computer know-how, it'll all make sense then

good luck

Rich

6. rtouma

rtouma Guest

Thank for the advise on downloading the zip software.That certainly did the trick!!
    Just another question though, i think that my new computer stuffed up because of the dvd shrink and the dvd decrypter that i downloaded.My mouse just stopped working and the computer slowed down and at times there wouldn't be any signal when i'd turn it on, so i'd need to reboot it!!So now it's just dead!Why is this happening to me and do you think i'll encounter the same problems with the computer i'm on now because of these softwares??!!!

7. rtouma

rtouma Guest

Thank for the advise on downloading the zip software.That certainly did the trick!!
    Just another question though, i think that my new computer stuffed up because of the dvd shrink and the dvd decrypter that i downloaded.My mouse just stopped working and the computer slowed down and at times there wouldn't be any signal when i'd turn it on, so i'd need to reboot it!!So now it's just dead!Why is this happening to me and do you think i'll encounter the same problems with the computer i'm on now because of these softwares??!!!

8. rtouma

rtouma Guest

Thanks for the advise on downloading the zip software.That certainly did the trick!!