1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink, DVD decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shadwMage, May 8, 2004.

1. shadwMage

shadwMage Guest

I purchased a sony DWU14A dvd burner a couple weeks ago. I have been attempting to burn movies for the said duration of time, i have used DVD Shrink, DVD decrypter, Nero, AutoShrinkISO, etc. and so far i have only had a single fully successful burn..out of like 20, all of the others fail half way through the burn process, and it is not due to compression confusion...so I'm starting to wonder...? The failed copies are recognized , but only half the movie shows up, which makes sense since it burns half of it successfully, and the half worked copy's are roughly 2.1GB....I use Ridata dvd+ media at the time (i know i should use Ritek :) and i have a brand new alienware, so its not my PC....

I would appreciate any help, from anyone...thank you.

2. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Do you have the latest firmware for the burner?

3. shadwMage

shadwMage Guest

yes i do, so i find it really odd, with the firmware it registers my burner as a sony DRU 510A ( i believe the DWU14A is an oem of the DRU 510A) maybe you could share the best method you know? thanks for the reply though

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

try updating your aspi layer.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Do you have DVDshrink set to auto burn?? You can use either Nero or Decrypter as the burner program. When set to auto burn, all the guess work is gone from the process. Should go straight to the end.

Jerry

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Are you getting some error message when you burn with either Nero or DVD Decrypter?

Are you running a FAT 32 file system? I noticed that you listed AutoShrinkISO. That program is mainly only used by those who have FAT 32 because it is no longer needed by those who have NTFS since the latest version of DVD Shrink added the DVD Decrypter burn option.

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  7. ellizit

ellizit Guest

shadwMage-

The method I use is (to me) the easiest:

Rip and shrink with DVD Shrink.
    Auto-Burn with Nero 6.

This whole process takes me around an hour and has net failed me yet.

Good luck.

8. shadwMage

shadwMage Guest

Thanks a lot for all of the replies...its kind of late and i do not have time to try any of them tonight, but tomorrow i will check it all, i appreciate all of your imput, and hope to hear from you guys again if it doesnt work after tomorrow.....i just burned something now(trial; this is without your helpful info...it finished before i checked the forum...this is what i got..

this is a disgustingly long answer and perhaps unecessary if the help you gave me works, but if you dont mind, see if you can make any more sense out of this
    once again i appreciate all of your help, and ill give you an update as soon as i adress the advice you gave me. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2004
  9. zooco

zooco Regular member

shadwMage:

Last week, I got similar problems as yours : trancoded files by DVD Shrink when burned by Nero suddenly quit at 90% completion ! In my case, the problem was apparently caused by conflicting DVD related drivers in my system . I installed 4 or 5 different DVD copying programs for testing purposes . I uninstalled them all, cleaned up the registry ( i.e. using "Registry Crawler" to remove all entries left behind by these DVD copy programs ). I then reinstalled only DVD Shrink v3.1.7 and Nero Ultra v6.3.1.15 . Now I can copy DVD without problems : 11 DVDs so far and counting .

10. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I would try updating aspi layer and uninstall InCD. Restart and try again.

11. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Have you tried burning at a lower speed to see what happens?

12. shadwMage

shadwMage Guest

as to one of your Q's..i am getting error messages with all programs i have tried ..including nero and DVD decrypter exept that one time it worked(but i dont know what i did? lol not good)

13. Veblin

Veblin Active member

One thing I notice is that you have InCD installed.
    InCD can cause problems like what you are having.
    I think it might be a good idea to try uninstalling InCD to see if that might make a difference.

Maybe run the InCD Clean Tool also.
    http://www.nero.com/us/631938356212815.html

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  14. shadwMage

shadwMage Guest

thanks for your advice, i still havent addressed much of it since it is now 10 min later at night lol, but i do believe i will try to clean up my system and reinstal shrink and nero, thanks a lot, great advice it would seem and hopefully it will work, but i will try the rest as well thank you.

15. shadwMage

shadwMage Guest

so far i have been using DVD decrypter with spti under i/o options but should i have the aspi checked? and i remember seeing the 32 bit partitioning but i cant find it, i belive it is not selected though, it seems like i might be able to get it with your great help though thanks!

16. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Nero has it's own ASPI.
    DVD Decrypter can use SPTI but could also use ASPI.
    You can go to Software - CDR Tools.
    There is both the Force and Adaptec ASPI.
    Try the Force first as ther have been some problems reported with the new Adaptec.

17. shadwMage

shadwMage Guest

I tried uninstalling multiple programs, and i cleaned up the registry and i believe i updated the aspi layer but this is what i got, once again im sorry that this is so long.

i appreciate all help greatly
    -thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2004
  18. shadwMage

shadwMage Guest

ok the thing is that it stops constantly at around 50% and as i have said before, i cannot see any reason for this problem as i shrink the movie down to 4300 mb

19. zooco

zooco Regular member

shadwMage:

You need to diagnose what the real issue is ; I would suggest this :

_Select a working DVD-5 Movie (i.e. < 4.7 gigs) and copy it to a DVD-RW , using Nero . Copy it straight out , do not use Decrypter or DVD Shrink ( i.e. in Nero, select DVD and then select "Copy DVD" ).
    If you still have the same problem then it is the DVD burner issue .

20. shadwMage

shadwMage Guest

ok thanks, i will try the dvd-rw thing, but before i read that i tried another method that once again did not burn successfully. I first used dvd shrink, then with nero i burned it under dvd-video, remember the files i was burning were BUF's VOD's and an IFO, so maybe im an idiot and all this time have done something incorrectly, any feedback on this is great, and once again i will try the rw thing.