1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink + DVD Decrypter??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xkk10, Jan 6, 2005.

1. xkk10

xkk10 Guest

hi,
    i was told to use DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter, but i do not know how to use them. can someone help me to use them?? how do i use one of them to burn the movie i downloaded onto a dvd-r disc??

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

heres a guide for shrink http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

you only need dvd decrypter for those special cases that shrink cant decrypt, but you do need dvd decrypter to be able to burn the image or ISO that shrink created.

3. colw

colw Active member

If you have a download movie, you may need to covert it to a DVD compliant format.

You may need a program such as WinAvi or DVD Santa for this.

4. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Well aside from taking notice of the [bold]GUIDES[/bold] link at the top of the page, I have no clue.... ;)

5. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Whooooaa let's stop, and think about the question.

? how do i use one of them to burn the movie i downloaded onto a dvd-r disc??

If the movie's already on a dvd disc, Shrink ain't needed! likewise Decrypter!

that yella fella I used to read, commented about these questions.

6. colw

colw Active member

Gringle

Not sure where you are comming from.

xkk10 has downloaded a movie (obviously from the internet) and does not know how to convert or burn it.

To me, this is the information he/she is asking for.

Depending on file format, he/she will need to convert it to a DVD compliant format and then use a program such as Shrink/Decrypter/Nero in order to burn it.

7. ps2jim

ps2jim Member

"If the movie's already on a dvd disc, Shrink ain't needed! Likewise Decrypter!"

Then what would you use? I'm new to this also and want to copy my 1500+ DVD movies. I was planning on using decrypter or 1CLICKDVDCOPY..

thanks!!

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

-xkk10- said:
    Its Obvious -xkk10- is new to the whole DVD backup scene and doesn't know the "lingo" as my mother says "download" all the time and I have to correct her.

-Gringle- said:
    What are you talking about? In some countrys its illegle to make more than one backup of a movie but I don't think the authorities are gonna do a man hunt or kick down my door if I make an extra copy.
    Again... What are you talking about?

-colw- said:
    -xkk10- does not make it clear that this movie was "downloaded" from a torrent or P2P site.

-xkk10- was "told" to use DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter. Again I stress that -xkk10- sound very new to backing up dvds. "i downloaded onto a dvd-r disc" does not sound like --I downloaded from a site and I wanna burn it to a dvd, how do I do it.--