1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink DVDR Burning Problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by aor.king, Nov 28, 2004.

1. aor.king

aor.king Member

Hi Guys,

I use DVDR Shrink and whilst it is great for burning original movies, I seem to have a problem with burning movies that are already on DVDR, in other words DVDR to DVDR.

It keeps coming back with F/O or IFO errors something like that, and I have wasted quite a few disks.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

cheers

King

2. colw

colw Active member

Yes - read some guides.

DVD Shrink does not burn in its own right. It is a encoding/compression, not burning program.

Depending on your settings, DVD Shrink can use DVD Decrypter or Nero as the burning engine.

Guides available from this site.

3. aor.king

aor.king Member

thank you for the info cowl. I have in the past checked the guides out but alas problems still persit.

Perhaps you would care to tell me what your settings are in the prefrerances etc if you have the time?

Thank you

King

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Are you asking how to make a copy of copy made w/Shrink? If so you do not need Shrink anymore.
    Just read it and then burn.

5. aor.king

aor.king Member

Well I'm trying to burn copies that are already on DVDR to another DVDR but keep getting failed errors but only with copied DVDR's, originals work fine.

cheers

King

6. colw

colw Active member

If I understand correctly you are wanting to make a copy of a previously copied DVD.

Assuming that you original burnt copy is working and playing properly you can use the Disc Copy funtion in Nero to make a backup copy.

Insert copied DVD in your ROM drive - insert blank DVD in your DVD writer - open Nero - use Disc Copy function.

Should take approx 15 minutes at 4X speed.

7. aor.king

aor.king Member

Thank you once again guys,

Obviously I need to use Nero for making copies from previous copied DVDR's and not DVD shrink ;-)

Will buy some more discs tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Again thank you for the tips.

King

8. colw

colw Active member

One more thing - you can download a fully functioning trail version of Nero from their website.

Try this before committing yourself to purchase. Do not install IN-CD. The trail version is usually good for a calendar month so you may only get a few days at this time.

It is my understanding however, that you can download a new trail version when the current one expires.

9. aor.king

aor.king Member

cheers, I do however have full original disc of Nero 6 that came with my dvd burner ;-)

King