1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink eating away my HDD space!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Hellmann, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Hellmann

Hellmann Guest

Hi there, I just got DVD shrink working last night, and I must say, it is wonderful. However, everytime I backup a new DVD, I have less and less space to work with.

I realize that DVD shrink makes a backup ISO file temporarily, but I checked the target folder, and I deleted all of them, checked the recycle bin, searched my harddrive for ISO files, nothing. When I started I had over 10 gigs ready to go, figuring that would be enough space to store for the current DVD I'm burning.

Well, now after burning several, and deleting a lot of unnecessary junk from my computer, I'm out of options. i only have 3 gigs to work with, and that isn't enough for a full dvd of course. I use DVD shrink/encrypter combo with an 80 gig HDD that has been chipped away at ever since I started burning. I've searched everything on these forums, and the most I could come up with is people having memory problems.

Thanks for reading,

Brent

2. biglog9

biglog9 Member

try defragmenting your hard drive
    this cleans up a lot of space

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like the movies are still on your HD. How are you baking up your DVD's in Shrink? Are you backing them up into an ISO? Or backing them up and burning with Nero?
    If you are doing your back up the second way then you need to look where Shrink is saving your .VTS, .IFO, and .VOB files to burn with Nero. They will be kept on your HD until you physically delete them. If you are creating an ISO and then burning then It sounds like you have found and deleted those?

Let us know exactly how you are backing up your movies and then maybe we can help better :)

4. Hellmann

Hellmann Guest

Haha, I knew I forgot something. I'm doing the exact method that Scubapete informed everyone on. The ISO image file burned using DVD encrypter. I made a folder specifically for this purpose as well, which I made sure has been cleaned up. I've defragged pretty recently, but I should have done it before burning, so I'll probably do that, too. Thanks for such quick replies, too btw :)

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

You could also check Shrinks hidden files.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink
    The files are not that big but if you get enough they add up.

6. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I know some people have problems because their anti-virus software has a recycle bin also. If you have this just purge it and you should see the extra Hdd space.