1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink enconters error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by willyelk, Jan 17, 2005.

1. willyelk

willyelk Member

I am tring to back up "The Bourne Supremacy" and when I start, under the decryption status it says not encoded. After a while it says dvd shrink encoundered a error and shuts down. Windows then wants to send a error report. Any solutions?

2. willyelk

willyelk Member

Oh ya I am using the latest version

3. hursty

hursty Active member

try ripping it with the latest version of dvd decrypter first.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

this information was pasted off another thread courtesy of....SCUBA PETE....

I'd like you to check your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.1.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.

With this "fine-tuned" DVD Decrypter you'll be able to rip almost everything. However with some DVD's, the Mfgr's are trying something "New" -

So AFA the Bourne Supremacy, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and one or two others - In "Unreferenced materials" select title 1 menus, there is a "Boy" running (in green shorts too). By checking him out in the "Preview" screen, you can see his outfit too. Sometimes DVD Shrink gets past it sometimes not -

If you don't make it past it then go to that Unreferenced materials select Title 1 menus - Then go to "Compression" select "Custom Ratio" then select "Still image" then try DVD Shrink again, it should slide right on through, like a hot knife through tender Turkey -

courtesy of scubapete's brilliance,allegedly

5. willyelk

willyelk Member

Thanks, DVD decrypter worked great. A little confusing at first, but got it.