1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Encountered an Error "ndtdll.dll" when open dvd file to shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by knight2k7, Feb 1, 2007.

1. knight2k7

knight2k7 Member

This site is awesome! Every problem I have encountered so far has been answered by the very knowledgable people who respond to the newbie users..:)

I have successfully backed-up several DVDs, but when I try to compress I try to use "open file" option to open file folder to shrink it down to dvd5. I get an error message that causes the whole program to shut down. I tried to use "open image file" for another dvd image file and it work. I dont know why I have problem to shrink this dvd file This is the message I get:

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and need to close(At this point, all you can click is 'close' or 'additional info'), and then you get: "Error Signature, AppName: dvdshrink 3.2 exe, AppVer: 3.2.0.15, ModName: ntdll.dll, ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180. Offset 000001010.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hello knight2k7,

Do you have the entire DVD ripped to your hard drive when you are trying to open it in file mode? If so are you going to the Video_TS folder of said movie to open it?

3. knight2k7

knight2k7 Member

Yes I already have entire movie in "video_ts" folder. All I did "open file" and select that folder video_ts then the error pop up and shut down my dvd shrink program.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Is this just happening with a certain movie or is it any movie?

5. knight2k7

knight2k7 Member

hi bbmayo,

it just happened to this particular movie when i dl it from newsgroup and the size of the movie is 4.5 gb. I tried to bring it down to make it fit into DVD5, and i get that error even with nero encode.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ahhh that explains a lot. It sounds like a bad downloaded file and that happens often. I am pretty sure you are probably missing something Shrink needs which is complete DVD movie files if they arent just right Shrink does not have the capability of opening them. If you have Nero you could try making your DVD with that instead.

7. knight2k7

knight2k7 Member

sound like i got a bad file. Thanks for your help bmayo.

8. knight2k7

knight2k7 Member

I found out the solution for this error. Just download the "Pgcedit" free by google it, then you open the folder and it will auto fix for you.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Good job knight2k7! Will have to keep that in mind the next time someone else asks about it. Again congradulations!