1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink encountered error - Access is denied

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by schenckb, Dec 22, 2011.

1. schenckb

schenckb Member

Hi all,

I have been using DVD Shrink for years. My normal process is DVDFab (Decrypter), followed by VOBBlanker, then DVD Shrink and finally IMGBurn.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 7, I've noticed that DVD Shrink is flaky. More often than not, I am UNABLE to backup my files to ISO format. At some seemingly random point during the backup, Shrink complains that "Access is denied" to the ISO file I am backing up.

I have plenty of disk space and I am logged in as administrator (the only account on the machine).

I can't find any information on log files to begin to debug this thing, but I need help. I have tried to reinstall and everything, to no avail.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks!
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. attar

attar Active member

Running Windows 7.
    I use the portable version and set properties > compatibility > as XP sp3 and check the box for run as administrator.
  4. schenckb

schenckb Member

Darn... no dice...

What's funny is this seems intermittent - that is, I don't think its copy-protection related. Sometimes it works for a specific title, other times it won't (same title).
  5. Chetwood

Chetwood Regular member

DVD Decryter is outdated, use DVDfab. I'm using Shrink on Win7 64 and haven't had any problems without compatibility mode. That said, some virus scanners block access to folders/files and some settings of the OS can prevent that as well. Create your own dir on the root level c:\ or d:\ and output ISO to it to see if it makes a difference.