1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink encoutred an error and cannot continue.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Animeniak, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Animeniak

Animeniak Member

I have a couple of DVDs that I'm trying to back up, but the same message keeps popping up:

I tried re-authoring, tried compressing, tried deleting the menus & all the extras & I still get that message.
    The movies that I'm having the problem with is [bold]LOST HIGHWAY[/bold] region4, and [bold]SANTA SANGRE[/bold] region2.
    I checked the other threads & never saw another post with the same problem, so If anyone can help me, it'd be much appreciated.

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Did you try ripping it to your HD first (using DVD Decryptor or SmartRipper)?

It could be an error on the DVD itself. I've run into that problem before.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Try the back-up in the "low priority" mode and/or shut off any un-needed aps. Sounds like you are running out of RAM.
    You may want to go into your system propertys> advanced tab> Performance/settings> Advanced> Virtual memory.
    This number should be set to double your RAM size. ie, 1024 MB RAM should have the number set to 2048 MB for your paging file.