1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Error Help!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by theMADone, Apr 19, 2005.

1. theMADone

theMADone Member

Hello.
    My eyes are burning. I've been reading all posts about the infamous "failed to read the file "E:\" Data Error(C.R.C.)" I have tried every suggestion offered by everyone, including the very wise Scuba Pete. Very wise. I am still struggling. I've been trying to rip "Gladiator" (Not the one with Russell Crowe" for three days now, and I still get that horrible error message!!!!!! What is going on??????
    -The mad one

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Why struggle? Rip it with Decrypter

3. theMADone

theMADone Member

I've tried to rip it with decrypter, and when it gets to about 99% it gives me an error too!!!!! 99 percent!! it's like some kind of sick joke...=\

4. jmet

jmet Regular member

A CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) error is DVD Shrink's and/or DVD Decrypter's way of telling you that it cannot read the disc (DVD). It is caused from the disc being to dirty (fingerprints, smudges, etc.) or being to scratched. First, try cleaning the DVD. You can try toothpaste to lessen the severity of the scratches. (By no means am I saying that you will totally restore the DVD back to original condition, all your doing is just trying to get DVD Shrink to successfully read it.) If DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter still generates this error message, I suggest returning the original for a different copy.

Before you return it, try using the latest version of DVD Decrypter. The latest Version is Currently: Version 3.5.4.0 Get it here: http://www.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?act=download

Use DVD Decrypter to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk") - and select "VIDEO_TS.IFO" or the actual "VIDEO_TS" folder.

A good tutorial on how to accomplish this is located here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45238

5. theMADone

theMADone Member

I have tried to rip with Decrypter, and I've also tried Decrypter with the File option. When trying to rip "Taking Lives", it would get up to 62% and then I'd get the "I/O...error". I'd hit "Ignore" then the error would come back. I'd hit "retry" then the error would come back. I also have AnyDVD open and it does not work. I think I've tried everything on the board. I now have returned the disc and will obtain a different one, and see if that works. In the meantime, any other suggestions?

6. jmet

jmet Regular member

DO NOT USE DVD43, ANYDVD, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF COPYRIGHT PROTECTION BYPASSING SOFTWARE!!! IT WILL ONLY CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH DVD DECRYPTER, AND YOUR RIPPING PROCESS WILL FAIL!! ALL YOU NEED IS THE LATEST VERSION OF DVD DECRYPTER, WHICH IS VERSION 3.5.4.0 AS OF RIGHT NOW!