1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink error (I/O)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dlo, Sep 27, 2004.

1. dlo

dlo Guest

I get this error message saying this

DVD Shrink encountered an Error and cannot continue

Copy Protection error

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device Error!!!

What do I do?

2. crazymf77

crazymf77 Guest

Download dvd decrypter and decrypt it first(pretty staight forward).Then go back to shrink.

3. dlo

dlo Guest

I used DVD43 and it seems to be working fine now Thanks!

4. mlabbe

mlabbe Member

I got the same message after I downloaded and setup DVD Shrink on a friend's computer. The message was consistent across three dvd's. Then I noticed that Interactual Player had been installed on the machine. I uninstalled Interactual, but still got the copy protection error in DVD Shrink. I used regedit to remove all "Interactual" entries and rebooted. Still got the same error. I brought the dvd's to my own computer and my DVD Shrink worked perfectly. I've never had Interactual Player on my machine. I think the problem on the first machine is Interactual player. Is there anything else I can do to make sure that Interactual Player is removed completely?

5. rah

rah Member

this usually happens when you have a region free patch / firmware installed, lpay the first few seconds of the movie to allow the patch / device to set the correct region and then try again, it usually sorts it out.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

*moving thread to DVD Shrink forum*

7. mlabbe

mlabbe Member

Thanks for the reply. It's interesting that you mention firmware. The dvd writer is an NEC drive supported by Dell and there it a new firmware patch to be downloaded. I will download that. Should I check the DVD writer's properties to make sure that it is set to region 1? All three of my own machines are set up this way and I have had no problems with DVD Shrink.

8. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

Use AnyDVD program or similar and your problem will go away.

9. mlabbe

mlabbe Member

Thanks for your reply. I'll try AnyDVD.

10. odious

odious Member

I have updated my firmware and reinstalled all my burning and ripping software and I still keep getting this I/O error. I have 2 computers and I only get the error on one of them. I am not for sure if this is a Windows problem or a Shrink problem. I tried all the stuff about starting the DVD up and then ripping with no luck. I have been ripping for over a year now. Why the error now?

11. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Either try to disable burning with Nero in DVDShrink preferences or update your Nero to latest version.

12. rickdputo

rickdputo Member

I've updated to a new burner (HP630i) and now I'm getting a failed reading e:\ (the DVD drive). When I disconnect the the burner, it works fine. I have the jumpers set to c/s and I've tried setting one to slave and the other to master, but still no luck. Any ideas? I'm running XP sp2.

13. relic2279

relic2279 Member

I had a similar problem. Set your HP 630i jumper to master. It should clear it up.

14. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

I had to set the dvd/r drive to master and have no drive on the second ide cable connector to get the software to work on some computers. . . . and things got worse from there.

15. rickdputo

rickdputo Member

I'm still having problems. I've switch all the jumpers to every possible senerio. I've contacted HP and they seem to think it's because I have (2) two hard-drives. Funny, I didn't have this problem with my old HP 300i. I have to disconnect one or the other to use either dvd-drive. Please, if anyone knows of a fix, please let us (me) know. Thank you.

16. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

have you tried removing the jumper from the slave drive? sometimes that works.