1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Error Message Please Help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by autumn222, May 4, 2007.

1. autumn222

autumn222 Member

after the DVD finished encoding 100%, instead of the drive opening automatically and removing the DVD and inserting a blank DVD to write, i get a message saying:

DVD Shrink has finished backing up yout DVD. All output files are now ready for burning with appropriate DVD burning software.

i don't know what to do next. does anyone know what this is about? thank you so much, your help is appreciated greatly.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Sounds like when you clicked 'Backup' you selected the hard disk folder instead of the burning option.
    The files are in a folder somewhere on your hard drive.

[​IMG]

3. autumn222

autumn222 Member

yes, i see the files in the folder in the hard drive. but please explain to me the next steps to take to transfer the info into a blank media. thank you very much.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Run Shrink > Click on 'Open Files', browse to the folder.
    Click on 'Backup!'
    From the Backup target Menu, 'Create ISO Image' choose the burning method.You probably use Nero?

[​IMG]

5. autumn222

autumn222 Member

ok, i managed to open nero and find the files. i clicked on the "add" button and "nero" button but nothing happened. what is the next step? sorry, i'm a newbie but i really appreciate your help.

6. attar

attar Senior member

From your original post.

You were running DVD Shrink when you got that message, right??

Run Shrink and Click on 'Open Files', browse to the folder.
    Click on 'Backup!'
    From the Backup target Menu, 'Create ISO Image' choose the burning method.If you used Nero to burn the disk from DVD Shrink, then you should see that option offered.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  7. autumn222

autumn222 Member

thank you attar!!! i actually managed to get it to work!! finally, after so many frustrations i was ready to give up. these message boards are the best. btw, i'm sorry i posted here, i didn't know there was a DVD SHRINK board. i'm slowly starting to understand the burning world. i've only been into it for a few days.

8. attar

attar Senior member

It's a jungle out there.