1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK ERROR MESSSAGES

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by evil, Mar 10, 2004.

1. evil

evil Member

hey guys, i couldn't find an answer to my problem anywhere on this site. I have copied the MAIN MOVIE FILES AND IFOs using dvd decrypter onto my hard drive. When trying to burn them onto DVD+RW using NERO it said the file was too big, fair enough, so i thought i would compress the dvd files using DVDSHRINK. when i go to open files and go to the specified DVD file it comes up with the error message:

DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND CANNOT CONTINUE
    FAILED TO OPEN FILE "C/EN-109956/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB" THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND FILE.

However, the VOB files are in the folder, but under another name. I thought the most obvious thing to do would be to rename the VOB files to: VIDEO_TS.VOB. This did not work and the same error message still comes up. Thanks for any help you guys have been helpful so far. cheers.

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi evil. :)

I am affraid DVD Shrink will only work with ripped files if [bold]all[/bold] the files have been ripped, as described at: http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php

One thing you could try is to use IfoEdit to create the missing IFO files: "Open" movie file >> "VOB Extras" >> "Create new IFOs".

3. evil

evil Member

thanks mate, i'll give it a go.

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

No problem. Let us know how you get along. ;)