1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Error programming error - exception occured

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by thekep, Nov 11, 2004.

1. thekep

thekep Member

When i was using DVD shrink the other day for The Punisher i could rip the files easily with DVD decrypter but then i tried to shrink it down to fit one DVD-R and i selected the files and then it would go about 2% and then a error message saying programming error - exception occured. does anyone know what to do to hepl me. i'd appreciate it. or are there any other decent programs to shrink a DVD down let me know thanks.

mike

2. chinahiro

chinahiro Guest

I had the same problem with punisher, but I found away around it because I noticed something with it. If you look at the folders in DVD shrink, there is an additional folder in there. I think it was call Unclassifible Files or something like that.

I think this has to do with the error we are getting, because if you look at the preview you see a man runing during the logo. I believe this has something to do with it. Probably something new to keep us from backing up the DVD.

So what you do is you take that folder, and you change it to still images. Then you hit back up, and the error will be gone. I am backing up my DVD right now. So if it works I keep you updated. But when I last looked it was at around 50% done.

Hope that helps.

3. wild77

wild77 Guest

I just finished burning the punisher last week.It was the first time I had a problem with shrink same error. I got it to burn by using the re-author mode I put the main movie on one disk, and the extra scenes on another.I also had the same problem with Scarface and saw the same running man that you were talking about.used the same method to burn with no problems.I also read and burn at 2x it takes a little longer but I have had the best results this way.Also when you copy the movie only you use less compression.In the re-author mode you can also preview each title to see what it is.

4. jall

jall Member

chinahiro,

Brilliant, thanks for the tip it works perfectly,

-jall

5. srfdggy5

srfdggy5 Guest

I experienced the same thing, and yes, by changing the image to stills, it works perfect!! hopefully this is not going to be a regular thing though...

6. Ziggy86

Ziggy86 Member

"So what you do is you take that folder, and you change it to still images"

How exactly do you do this???

7. wild77

wild77 Guest

After opening Shrink and when it is done it's analysis of the disk. To change the files to still images look under DISK STRUCTURE(it's the left column) you will see the folders containing the MENU,MAIN MOVIE and UNREFERENCED MATERIAL right click on the plus sign. Then under COMPRESSION SETTINGS(right column)there is a drop down box, automatic is the default setting.Click on the drop down box it will give you your options including still images. Once you have all your settings where you want them you are ready to back up. You might also want to try the RE-AUTHOR mode and backup the movie only but that is your choice as you will lose the menu's Here are a couple of guides that were helpful to me when I first started using DVD Decrypter and Shrink
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm
    Check out some of the other guides at Doom 9 while your at it.

8. Ziggy86

Ziggy86 Member

Thank you. One last thing, what exactly happens when you click still image? Is it good to always click still image when there is a field which has unreferenced material?

THank you again.

9. wild77

wild77 Guest

when you click the still image it replaces the contents of the folder with an image that says the video has been removed I believe it is a grey screen with the Shrink logo. I personally use the RE-AUTHOR mode and back up the movie only. But thats what is great about Shrink you many options, a little trial and error until you find what you like best.Good Luck

10. terry4029

terry4029 Guest

chinahiro,

I have the same problem like you had, but how did you change that folder to the still images.

Thanks.

11. wild77

wild77 Guest

Look for the unreferenced material folder then click on the plus sign next to the folder.Look under the Compression settings in the right column you will see a drop down box. AUTOMATIC is the default setting.Click on the drop down box,you will see your options still pictures,STILL IMAGES,and custom.Pick still images and your done.

12. rhalliday

rhalliday Member

Hello. Are you trying to burn Punisher, or a Lion Gate film. If you are or not try the following
    Under Menues and all the extra change the video to Still Image..This sohuld work if wored for me..

13. terry4029

terry4029 Guest

wild77,

It worked perfectly.

Thanks.

14. cmsurfer

cmsurfer Member

I have been having the same problem with backing up the DVD Pitch Black.

I will try the still image option tonight.

Thanks,

15. crisisven

crisisven Member

I'm having the same problem with the punisher but when dvd shrink tries to analyse it stop at 53% and I'm not really sure how to do it in re-author mode but i copied the file of the movie to the left column and it got froze up at 72% Can anyone that have done it give some instructionson how to do it without skiping some steps? please

16. cmsurfer

cmsurfer Member

Thanks again, it wokred great on Pitch Black.

17. Sazaziel

Sazaziel Member

Chinahiro...............IMPRESSIVE!!! VERY IMPRESSIVE! Not even the extent of my knowledge on dvd software could of thought of this. Dude you are a true life saver!!!!!

18. chinahiro

chinahiro Guest

No problem, glad to here that it is working for the rest of you guys.

19. flo44

flo44 Member

I just wanted to say thank you for created this wonderful resource.
    All questions except one have already been answered here, and it's just awesome all the work that you have put into it.

Just wanted to say thanks...

oh, the one question was about a cycle error ... found the answer was too stupid for this forum ... tee hee

Check the disc for finger prints and scratches... oh duh ... oops

florence

20. crisisven

crisisven Member

I've trying to change the files to still images but when I add the file of the movie to the DVD structure column what happens is that it starts doing the analysis and at some point shrink encounters an error and it stops, How can I change it to still images if shrink got an error during the analysis and I got no files in the DVD structure column? is there is anyway that it can reads the file or a disk with out getting an error so I can change it to still images? I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong can someone tell me how to do it please I'll really appreciate it guys