1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Error What Does It Mean

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by animedvds, Nov 28, 2004.

1. animedvds

animedvds Member

Hello Everyone, i keep getting a [bold]FAILED TO READ FILE G:\[/bold](G:\is my burner's drive) error message everytime i attempt to shrink Lord Of The Rings:The Return Of The King..does anyone know what this error means or how i can get around it, any help is greatly appreciated. i'm using an I/O magic 16x burner & verbatim -R 8x media

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey animedvds, Are trying to shrink the main movie or all of it? I think it is well over 3 hrs. I did the main movie only a while back.Is this the only movie that does this?Later

3. animedvds

animedvds Member

good point saugmon, i was trying to do the whole movie perhaps doing the main movie alone will help..thanks alot, i'll let u know if it worked

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey animedvds,You might want to use the quality enhancements of dvd shrink with the heavy compression you will have.Make sure your g: drive is the target for burning after you backup. I notice you got the I/O magic 16x burner.How do you like it? I just picked up the same burner at staples in their day after thanksgiving sale for $39.94 after rebate.For that price why not try. I could always divvy it off on ebay.My pc recognizes the I/O as a benq 1610 and dvdinfopro recognizes it as a benq 1620. Iomega might have them built by benq?. Does your pc recognize yours as mine does?Later

5. animedvds

animedvds Member

is your burner an internal or external? mine is external and went for $159 @ compusa, either way u got yourself a great deal so far i love it, it works excellent.. as for the lord of the rings movie i got it to fit.. i used to decrypter to save to my HD then shrunk it w/dvdshrink no problems

6. animedvds

animedvds Member

by the way my comp & dvdinfopro see it as an IDE

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

mine is internal. Nero recognizes it as a benq 1610 when i burn a cd or dvd. Pretty wierd. I was looking at benq's along with pioneer 108 and nec 3500a until I found this deal friday.shrink also gives me the benq 1610 in my settings to burn.