1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Wavebaby, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Wavebaby

Wavebaby Guest

I have used DVD Shrink for awhile now but for this one movie I want to do I get the following error when loading it into the program.

invalid nv_pck: nv_vobu_ea

Anyone else get this error? How do I fix it?

Thanks

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Des it happen on one particular disc or all the time? Try downloading and re-installing.

3. Wavebaby

Wavebaby Guest

Only on this disc. All the others have been fine.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

You have to download the movie to your harddrive and use Ifoedit to correct the navagation pointers.

5. Wavebaby

Wavebaby Guest

Even though I have had some experience in all this I have not yet edited a .IFO file. Any help here?

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

open ifoedit, click on open in bottom left corner. click on the video_ts.ifo file. click menu extras in center bottom of screen. pick a destination and click ok. it will take a long time to do, just so you know.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If it happens on only one disc, then try ripping with DVD Decrypter first. DVD Shrink does tend to hang up a bit on some discs, check for scratches on the disc.

8. Wavebaby

Wavebaby Guest

Thanks for all your help everyone. It appears I have figured it out. Just have to burn it now. Will post if everything went well.

9. Wavebaby

Wavebaby Guest

Just thought I'd post that I was successfull in creating a perfect dvd. Thanks again for the help.

10. A_ripper

A_ripper Guest

Whilst making a backup copy of HArry Potter and American PIe 2 I get an error stating that there is an encrypted sector using DVDshrink. The exact message is DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue this operation.
    CDvdCSS::Read Failed!
    THe Reason is:Copy Protection Error - The read failed because the sector is encrypted.

I followed your instructions to a "T" as far as making a backup copy of a movie. WHat should I do?

I have tried to use DVDdecrypter and then use DVDshrink but I get an error message that IFO file is not there?

Can you decrypt in DVD shrink?

THanks,

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, also check the bottom of the disc for scrathes. This error can occur with heavily scratched CSS discs when using DVD Shrink. If DVD Decrypter has failed to rip it then im not sure what you can do bar trying Smart Ripper. DVD Decrypter rips everything normally.

Chris

12. A_ripper

A_ripper Guest

It is definetly not a scratch as I have just purchased the movies and before i turn them loose to the kids I want to back them up. Have you finished your step by step guide to Decrypter? I may not be using the decrypter program correctly. Once you decrypt a movie into a file, do you add data in dvdshrink to get it in so you can compress it? Both HArry Potter and American Pie 2 have this problem and it seems to be some sort of protection. Let me know generally how to use Dvddecrypter if you havent finished the "newbie" guide for it please.

Thanks

13. Wavebaby

Wavebaby Guest

I am a newbie myself but have an idea. After you use dvddecrypter load the new vob files into infoedit. Have it create a new ifo for the vob files. Then go to dvd shrink.

14. Tosca

Tosca Guest

A ripper, usually a CRC error is a major disc defect. I dunno about your probs about dvd decrypter not being able to decrypt a disc. minor scratches shouldn't affect the disc's ability to be decrypted.

DVD decrypter requires one change when you first use it.

Change the mode to file mode and then select all the files that are in the panel to the right.

Beyond that all you have to do is press that activate/decrypt button (the icon with the drive at the bottom left) as dvd decrypter dumps it all into a folder of its choosing without prompting.

This site has a guide for dvd decrypter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2003
  15. A_ripper

A_ripper Guest

When you say load new ifo files? When I decrypt there is a ifo but do i need to create new ones or copy over certain ones from the disk directly into directory created by the decrypter program?

16. A_ripper

A_ripper Guest

I started up DVDdecrypter and it has a caution flag that my C:\fat32 does not support files > 4GB. Is that a problem or doent worry about it?

Second it tells me that the logical region code has not been set for the device and wants to know if I want to set it. (OEM Sony U10-a) I thought it was suppose to stay "without" region?

DO I select all the files on the disk to decrypt?(in file mode it does what it is suppose to...that was the key)

Thanks for your patience and answers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2003
  17. A_ripper

A_ripper Guest

OK Got it to work.

Step 1.) in file mode decrypt movie into default directory.
    Step 2.) use Ifoedit to create new directories in a new folder.
    Step 3.) Copy over the files decrypted into the new folder with new ifo files. Make sure you change the name of the vob files to match the ifo.

Step 4.) Goto DVDshrink and compress.
    Step 5.) Record Now MAx it on a DVD blank.

Whala !

Thanks for helping me sort thru this issue.

18. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Glad to hear that you got it to work A ripper. However how did you end up missing IFO files? I have used dvd decrypter on a few occasions but never had it missing IFO files.

It should rip everything nicely without any further modification. All you should need to do is burn or compress/burn.