1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Mumbles19, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

When I go to shrink a file down i get the following error:

Failed to read file "F:"
    Copy protection error- the read failed because the sector is encrypted.

Anyone have any clue what this means and what I can do to fix the problem?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Mumbles19, Dvdshrink sometimes has a problem decrypting certain dvd movies. If that happens try dvd decrypter. But try this first. Start playing your dvd with your player software(WinDVD-PowerDVD) for a few seconds. Once the movie starts, stop it and open DVDshrink and try again. Shrink sometimes needs a JUMP start to get going.
    Jerry

3. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

I'm just trying to shrink down some files to fit onto one disc, because I don't know how to do 2. That's why i'm tryin to get my shrink to work, and i know that usually decrypts em too, or else i would use dvd decrypter for all my files. i've even uninstalled and reinstalled it! my dvd shrink doesnt recognize any disc it seems.

4. Gatling23

Gatling23 Guest

Like Jerry said. You should play the movie you are trying to backup in your DVD Rom drive with power DVD or any other DVD player software. Once it starts playing close it then open dvd shrink. Also make sure you have the latest ASPI layer from Ahead's homepage. Not sure what the exact address is but you can find it somewhere on afterdawn in the dvd shrink guide also. If this does not work then Use dvd decryptor thats what its for. Just rip the movie to your hard drive and shrink it from there.

Hope this helps,

Gat

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Are these FILES in dvd format or something other? Some types of files need converted to dvd compliant files to work.
    Jerry