1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Shrink Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hoskins37, Nov 23, 2004.

1. hoskins37

hoskins37 Member

I am burning a movie first using dvd decrypter. In fact Ive already burned the movie using dvd decrypter. Now I'm trying to use shrink but I'm having a problem. I inserted the blank dvd+r into my dvd burner. I clicked the [backup] button on the main toolbar. I selected ISO Image file and burn w/dvd decrypter as my target device. This is where the problem occurs.

The next step is select an appropriate target file/folder for dvd shrink to output to, for example C'\dawn of the dead_dvd.iso'. I'm not sure what this means but I'm obviously not doing something correctly because when I press OK. I get the following error:

DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR & CANNOT CONTINUE. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON YOUR TARGET DRIVE. THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE PATH SPECIFIED.

Can anyone help?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey hoskins37,It sounds like you are trying to put too much on the disc. On my backup of dawn of the dead, I just inserted original, open up dvd shrink,drag main title from right to left,I make sure the compression "if too large" is under 4300 kbs. You might have to use the custom instead of automatic compression. Hit backup, cHeck each tab for settings, region free,deep analysis,slow encoding, burn settings and where they are burning from, should be dvd decrypter and burn speed"4x". Hit ok, it should start analyzing, (if you checked deep analysis), then it encodes. After encoding the original pops out and you insert your blank disc,"High Quality media". That's my little cheat sheet. I only have 1 drive so It sounds like you are trying to do it the same way.If this don't help ya out,there are many others here to help you at this awesome site.

3. Stoner51

Stoner51 Guest

I think you might not have enough space on your HDD. If you don't have 2 HDD it will take up 12 gb of space to do it that way. 8gb for the decryptor rip and 4.64 for the shrink file. Just my 2 cents.

4. run911

run911 Guest

hey hoskins37
    what operating system are you using? if you have anything less than XP i think you have to do some changes on your system. you need 7gb to 10gb of space
    per burn (movie/DVD) to do this with dvdshrink and dvddecypter. or probably any other software progams
    aswell. but dvdshrink and dvddecypter are good and
    "FREE"

on your ISO target folder, you should make a new folder c:\ perhaps call it
    "ALL MY DVD WORK".........use it for nothing but
    your ISO files.

also try using dvd shrink first, then dvd decypter
    they will work together auto if set right.
    maybe this will help you.

here's a link to using dvdshrink with pics and all
    start here maybe..

http://mysite.verizon.net/eric.groves/pg46.html

he also has a guide for using dvddecypter aswell
    not sure what that is right now.there are many guide here aswell but don't know if any of them have pictures for newbie's like us

run911

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey hoskins, If You don't Have enough space on your harddrive, recommended 5-10 gigs or so free, You will crash. On my first few attempts at burning, I put 12 gig's in less than an hour. I had plenty to spare, but it just put it on the harddrive so fast it threw me for a loop. Let us know what your pc specs are, operating system,ram,harddrive used -open space, processor,media and dvd software on your system. This can speed you up to burn. Later

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

After getting the patients information (PC's specs) you might just check to see if he compressed the file or ISOprior to his burn attempt. Rember, if it was ripped as an ISO - it can only be picked up by DVD Shrink by "File" then "Open disc image".

Happy Thanksgiving all -

"P"

saugmon,

Hey there "good guy" you might want to re-think that one a little - maybe 4300MB ? (Heh, heh)

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

sorry pete, my bad lol. Have a great turkey day!