1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oSyl2uS, Jan 13, 2005.

1. oSyl2uS

oSyl2uS Member

for some reason every time i get this error i see a guy running for a split second on the window where you can see the movie. then a few seconds later it says an error has happend. this has happend on a few other dvds i have tried to copy any idea what this is or how i can fix this problem?

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

when you open the dvd in shrink it breaks it down into folders: menus, main movie, extras, and in this case unreferenced material. The little running guy should be in the last one. You'll either have to check each file in that folder to find him and insert a still image in that file or just insert a still image in the whole folder.

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

From our forum rules....
    the PM I recieved......
    oSyl2uS
    _ 15. January 2005 @ 04:14
    thanks for your reply. im still having some problems i was able to see the titles of the files in the last file but i cant tell which one is the running guy. if there is any other tips you could recomend that would be great or point me in the right direction that would be great thanks in advance

sean

if your not sure which thread im talking about here is the link

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/147206

OK, when you open shrink, in the bottom left, there's a little black rectangle. Above it are play, and stop buttons. Highlight the individual files and play each one until you find him. My personal preference is to put a still image in the whole folder.

4. oSyl2uS

oSyl2uS Member

thanks zippy my bad about the pm. i was able to find him but how do i put a still image in there to get rid of him? thanks

sean

5. oSyl2uS

oSyl2uS Member

its giving me this error when i try to drag a pic on to the file "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Invalid filename"

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

7. oSyl2uS

oSyl2uS Member

thanks zippy you have been a huge help. i was able to rip it on shrink and it didnt give me any problems then i burned it with decripter and it worked fine and when i tried to watch it the movie is just a blank white screen. the menus are fine and the previews are fine but the movie it self if just a blank white screen. could that be because i put images in for each of the three images in the file that was give me trouble?

sean

8. zippyd

zippyd Active member

hmmm....
    Puzzling. That should have worked. There are a couple of other options that I can think of....
    One would be to do just the movie only in reathor mode. That should keep you from another coaster, but you won't have menus or extras.
    The other would be to try to put the still image in the Unreferenced materials folder instead of the individual files inside. No guarantees about this one.
    Yet another possibility is to usr the trial versions of clone dvd/any dvd. No guarantees there either.

9. oSyl2uS

oSyl2uS Member

thanks zippy i will have to try that. sucks that was my last dvd you know a good place to get some for a good deal i go to best buy but they are expensive for good dvds

10. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Well if you've got a credit or debit card then my paypal account number is..... Oh wait, nevermind.
    Really though, if you have either of those then your best bet is to shop online. Best Buy actually comes up with some really good deals online that you won't see in the store. But I usually shop newegg.com. Best bet is to get Ritek or Verbatim (Data Life I think).