1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jmf1775, Jan 29, 2005.

1. jmf1775

jmf1775 Member

I've used DVD Shrink on my computer for about a year without any problems. On my Dad's computer I'm getting a really weird error. After the DVD is inserted and it's analysis the full disk screen comes up showing the compression and languages. So, I click backup and it kicks the DVD out while bringing up the options screen for the backup. No matter what I click it says DVD Shrink has encountered an error and will be shut down. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. J_man

J_man Regular member

Try uninstalling and make sure you delete out all the files still left behind.
    program files/dvd shrink
    Turn on view hidden files and folder in xp for this one.
    documents and settings/local user/aplication data/dvd shrink.
    restart cpu.
    Re-install dvd shrink.

3. jmf1775

jmf1775 Member

I did reinstall sevral times but never thought to check for hidden files....why do you think that might be problem? I won't be able to try the fix till tomorrow when I go back over to my dads....not about to try and talk him through this one.

4. J_man

J_man Regular member

It's possible the drivers got corrupted over time but when un-installing it's allways best to do it 100%.
    You should also check for viruses and spyware.
    Download spybot from here: http://www.denison.edu/computing/students/spybot.html

Uninstall and re-install burner through device manager.
    Left click My Computer to highlight,then right click and select properties,hardware,device manager,dvd/cd rom drives and then uninstall. Xp will reinstall on re-start.

Update to the latest firware for your burner.
    Do a disc defrag. then re-start p.c
    Hope this helps.