1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by austindol, Feb 22, 2005.

1. austindol

austindol Member

when i try to open a file on dvd shrink and click on it and push open it says: Dvd Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Failed to open file "C:\Documents and Settings\my name\My Documents\My videos\Name of video\video_TS.IFO" system cannot find the file specified. what is wrong and how can i fix it? please help.

2. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Go into your D drive and delete the last DVD you copyed. You might have to make a new working folder,
    just make sure the last video files are not listed.

3. wild77

wild77 Guest

What program are you using to get the files to your hard drive?
    what type of files are you working with?

4. austindol

austindol Member

im using my camcorder attached to a vhs machine to transfer a vhs with windows movie maker and it makes it into a wmv file.

5. budberner

budberner Guest

austindol

Don't know if this helps or not but.. I've had issues with wmv files created with windows movie maker. Sometimes the file is accepted by copy to dvd, nero,shrink,ect.And then sometimes it will say uncompatible files. I had to convert files from wmv to mpeg3 to get it to burn. Plus windows movie maker failed to even make the file completely the first couple tries,only after I saved the project and rebooted then went straight there. I would say try and find another more stable program,sometimes it makes corrupted files. Blaze media pro has a trial. It is a good converter. I then used Intervideo to make the "movie" Also a nice little tool to capture VHS straight from VCR to recording device is dvd red pro,video stabilizer. Or some discs that were too scratched for my computer I recorded this way. w/intervideo. Good luck hope something in here helps.

6. budberner

budberner Guest

My bad meant mpeg2

7. TyRock22

TyRock22 Regular member

Yeah I get the same EXACT error message. But I am using DVD Decrypter to rip DVD's. And they are in .VOB format. Well I was going to say that when I try to open files from a DVD it gives me another error but when I went to find the exact error message it started working! So i'll get back to you guys on this part and if yeh could help me with the first part I would be grateful! Thanks.

8. TyRock22

TyRock22 Regular member

Ok well it got through the whole read the disk thing. But after that I tried to burn the disk and it said:

DVD Shrink Encountered an error and cannot continue
    Copy protection error
    Copy Protection Error - The given sector does not have a valid CSS key.

Help please...:(

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@TyRock22 - have you tried searching at top of page for your errors ?. i've seen this quite a few times but rarely experienced them myself so don't remember exactly, sorry