1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cavic22, Mar 2, 2007.

1. cavic22

cavic22 Guest

Hello all;

I was having no problem backing up using ripit4me. dvd decryptor then shrink to process and burn iso immage file using decryptor. Then i tried to do employee of the month. Ripit4me did it's job with decryptor and sucessfully ripped the files to my hard disk. The movie does play back ok. When shrink opened i chose iso image file and burn with dvd decryptor, i re-authored using main movie title 1 and set compression settings to make it as small as possible. I then clicked ok to begin and got "dvd shrink has encountered and error and connot continue". I have seen this error before but only when i tried to use just shrink and it could not handle on it's own. I dont understand how decryptor ripped perfectly and the files play back fine yet shrink wont process to burn! Can anyone help me with this? Suggestions, comments or advice well appreciated.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

All u have to do is process the Ripped Folder thru FixVTS or VobBlanker before u use shrink

HERE is a guide for VoBblanker

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

RipIt4Me incorporates FixVTS. I suspect something may have been done wrong in the processing. I have no idea what rip mode was used with RipIt4Me. Don't use ISO in the RipIt4Me rip mode with any of the new copy protections. Use the 1-Click mode to fully process for both copy protection and compliance. "Employee of the Month" didn't have any outstanding issues I remember.

Heres a link to an all in one installer. It gets the install done easily for the PC challenged.
    http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=aioinstallers&showtopic=7

RipIt4Me AIO
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/60656/download/AIO_v3.0.zip

imgburn
    http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

The version of Shrink used here supports ImgBurn instead of the older DVD Decrypter in burn settings.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  4. cavic22

cavic22 Guest

PACMAN, BOWLER

I guess i need to download vobblanker and use that before shrink?Basically, use ripit4me which will use decryptor then ripit4me will clean everything up, use vobblanker then shrink to process? If i am not making sense i apologize, i am new at this. I am just trying to learn everything and have the best possible combo to sucessfully back-up. Thanks for your help.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@cavic22

If you are using Ripit4me you won't need VobBlanker as FixVTS will accomplish the same task. Just make sure that you follow all the step in the wizard take the recommended steps.

6. cavic22

cavic22 Guest

Locoeng,

Thats good to know. I never even tried the wizard it ripit4me only 1 click mode. Basically, if i have a problem in 1-click mode then use the wizard where fixvts will fix the problem?

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I think you can set up 1-click mode to use FixVTS as well...basically they are both the same, but the wizards prompts you for each step. I don't use 1-click mode so I'm not too sure how/what process the ripping goes through.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Stick with the 1-Click mode and let it do all the work for you. It does the complete job as long as none of the options have been unchecked. Wizard is for those who know what steps they can skip on a particular release, it does nothing that isn't done in 1-Click. FixVTS is no longer a separate program starting with version 1.7.0.0. RipIt4Me now incorporates the FixVTS code in the program. Just make sure the VOB settings are selected (they should be unless changed from default).

Those who had the earlier versions of RipIt4Me may still have the FixVTS program in the RipIt4Me folder. Updating to 1.7.0.0 wouldn't delete FixVTS, but those doing a clean install (nothing in the old folder) wouldn't have the program included in the install. Those who still have FixVTS can leave it there and use it manually if there is a shortcut on the desktop for it. The RipIt4Me program no longer needs it since the files are included in the RI4M exe file.

9. cavic22

cavic22 Guest

That is good to know. I haven't had any other problems, ripit4me has been excellent. Thanks

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. RipIt4Me has proven to be a good program. I wouldn't go tossing the other decryption software, if you have it. RI4M has been outstanding lately, but none of the programs have proven to be 100% all the time. I'll keep using RipIt4Me till it fails.