1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Errors ? Why?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by AlphaDog, Oct 7, 2003.

1. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Member

Hi i'm having errors with Dvd Shrink, i'm using the latest Beta. The one that i get the most is something like this " Cyclique redundancy error " What does it meen? I have nothing running in the background. I also sometimes have the size error EVEN if i changed the settings to custom and 4,200 mb.... strange. I burn with DvdCopy on a TDK 440n 1.08

Thanks for your help

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

firstly CRC is a transfer error! could be bad disc? (scratched?) not sure what you mean with size error as the dvd shrink v3.0 beta5 i have does size "AUTOMATICALLY!"

we really need as much info from start process to end so we can all chip in with our knowledge! so if you could go to as much deatial as possible the better and quiker our help will fly in!

Thx...

3. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Member

OK sorry, that's what i thought about the error. The size thing is that when backing up the files , i make sure that i have no red section on the bar. For exemple 4,325 mb or the default 4.7gb for a Dvd-5. But when it comes time to burn with DVDCcopy (maybe a dvdcopy problem??) i get a message saying the files are bigger than 4.37 gb... Even if i choose custom in DVDShrink and put the size at 4,250 mb. This doesn't happen all the time.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

4. lerxst28

lerxst28 Guest

I got the "Cyclique redundancy error" thingy also on a disc the other day. I cleaned it with achohol and a clean cotton wipe cloth........it went through fine that time. If you have anything on your discs like Kool-aid, smears,etc.....your asking for trouble. I never put a disc in my HP burner before I inspect the surface for finger prints and such. Some people are so slack and careless about the handling of their discs. I've seen them lay the damn thing on top of a stereo with no case. Keep doing that and you'll be buying it all over again! DVD's are tough but, they can be damaged just like any other disc. I'm anal about mine. I don't lend them out to Tom, Dick and Harry. Take this advice.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all,

@ Alphadog

Yes this dvd x copy is a lesser used proggy eound here! due ot basically without oing into detail either works with your hardware software or not 50/50.

And to us here that stinks! most of us use these basic easy to use programs!

dvd shrink v3.0beta5 and then burn with nero!

sometines dvd decrytor/dvd2one

alot us use recordnow max to burn to over nero! for basic stuff, there are other more serious programs for conversion, but thats another world!

Thx...

6. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Member

Ok , i'll try Nero even if i only had bad experiences with it in the pass.

Thanks for the help.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

8. nuklehead

nuklehead Member

I had the same problem, but I just set my custom size setting in DVD Shrink to 4440MB and that did the trick. Now, you say you make the files even smaller than that and it still gives you problems, which makes me think that its the burning software that is having the error. I use a program called CopyToDVD, its VERY simple to use. I highly recomend it. Give that a try and let us know.