1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink errors

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shadycat, Mar 1, 2007.

1. shadycat

shadycat Member

When I am trying to copy a few different movies I get a couple different error messages.
    1. DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Failed to read file "E:\"
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    2. DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Invalid DVD navigation structure
    These happen when I am trying to open the disc. Sometimes the disc will open but the error will come up when I am copying the full disc. This only really happens on newer movies too. (Stranger than Fiction, Saw 3, the Guardian etc)
    I have read some of the other posts about issues like this but I am not very smart with computers and some of the stuff I don't understand. If there is someone out there that will take the time to help me get past these error messages so that I can copy movies that would be great.
    Remember I am not that great with computers so you will have to explain things to me.]
    Thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

This error is generally attributed to a scratched or dirty DVD surface. Even though the DVD surface looks clean, it may well be worth the effort to clean the surface with Isopropyl alcohol before you try to burn. Having said this, what software are you using to make your back up's besides shrink? The more info the better.

Cheers.

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

DVDshrink alone will not do these....

DVDshrink is outdated as far as it's decryption ability, that's why you're getting those errors. Try using any of these free apps to get the job done.

DVDFab decrypter
    ripit4me

You can get the apps here along with guides on use (how easy is that), I suggest you give ripit4me a try.

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  4. 56delray

56delray Regular member

5. shadycat

shadycat Member

Thanks for all your help everyone. I am not having any problems now. Johnl123 that link worked great.
    Thanks Again This site is great