1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd Shrink Extras

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bigntasty, Dec 6, 2003.

1. bigntasty

bigntasty Member

Is there a way to get rid of the extras all together I can only seem to get it down to still pictures adn that is still like 300mbs on some dvds thanx

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi bigntasty. :)

The only way is to use "Re-author", but you will lose the menu.

3. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

And lose the credits, it may only look like scrolliung text, but goddam it weighs in there heavily. Always the second thing to go after the menus and extras on my copies, burning to two dvds completely destroys the purpose of the exercise for me.

Bailey

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

pbailey, I do agree losing the credits can save a fair amount of space, but it's a shame to cut the soundtrack as it often "carries" the mood of the movie.
    Whenever compression is required, I'd rather use "Still pictures" on the end-credits. ;)

The following guide shows how to seamlessly apply mixed levels of compression (including "Still pictures") to the same title:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/mixed-compressions.php

5. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Cool, never thought of doing that, i do feel like i'm not giving the director and actors the credit they deserve by cutting them out, and being a big movie buff who directed and starred in it is important.

I'll definately check out that link, cheers. Oh yeah, anyone backed up clockwork orange? I used that high quality setting for it, can't really tell if it makes a difference, still had to compress the main title by 21% to get it to fit. Without the credits, :)

Bailey

6. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

DDlooping, are you affiliated somehow with shrinkdvd, cause those guides you do are nice, hell easy to follow. Thumbs up, very nice.

Bailey

7. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi pbailey, thanks for the positive feedback. :)

I'm only a DVD Shrink user trying to give something back to dvdshrink (the developer) and the DVD backupers community. ;)

8. LeeFields

LeeFields Guest

WoW! I had no idea you could do that! Bril guide, ten out of ten for that one. Now I just need to go back and re-work a pile of my backups :( :)

9. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

"Bril guide, ten out of ten for that one."
    Thanks, LeeFields. :)