1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd shrink freezes then closes

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Kingers85, May 5, 2007.

1. Kingers85

Kingers85 Member

Ok well i've had shrink for a while and it was working fine untill oneday it wont back up anything. It will open the disk and if you go in the file menu and click on deep analys it will do that but it wont back up the dvd. It wont backup any dvd now, even the ones it use to. It just freezes and closes. I've tried re installing it but same problem. Its the latest version to.

2. onya

onya Guest

Poor old shrink can't keep up with the latest releases and their encryptions, as it's no longer updated. What you need is a ripper that can deal with these newer protections.

Try the following;

DVD Decrypter.... no longer updated...but free

DVD FabDecrypter.... a better choice as it's free and updated

AnyDVD.... not free but worth the investment

RipIt4Me.... no longer updated....but free... a good choice also

You can get them all along with guides on how to use them right HERE!

3. Kingers85

Kingers85 Member

yeah i got the dvd decrypter and i copy the files to my pc with that then open up shrink and open the files then click on backup and it still does the same thin. It also freezes on dvds it used to be able to copy.

4. onya

onya Guest

How much free space is there left on the drive your ripping to?
    Have you got any other proggys running at the sme time?

5. Kingers85

Kingers85 Member

Heaps of room left bout 20gig nope no other programes running either

6. onya

onya Guest

Yep that's heaps of room to move. Try using DVD FabDecrypter, I still believe it's the encryption. Why shrink wont do previous movies is a mystery to me, you mention un-installing and re-installing, hopefully you used a reg cleaner to help out in that regard. This could simply be a bad press, although I assume you've tried various other discs. Perhaps a lens clean is in order or does the original disc have any imperfections at all?

7. Kingers85

Kingers85 Member

Nah no imperfestions, i'll try a lens cleaner and see if that helps out in any way

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Try a trial transcoding program to see if it's just Shrink or a system related problem. Recode from Nero, DVDCopy5 from InterVideo, DVDFab Platinum from DVDIdle, or CloneDVD 2 from Slysoft are all good options for the test.