1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink freezes while analyzing

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by drtysnchz, Apr 27, 2005.

1. drtysnchz

drtysnchz Member

I just started burning DVD's this week. A little bit of a background... I followed Scuba Pete's excellent instructions and burned my first DVD without a hitch. I downloaded Shrink 3.2, the latest copy of AnyDVD, and also am using Nero (latest version that came with my burner). When I tried to burn my 2nd DVD (Resident Evil - the original one), Shrink locked up while it was 'analysing'. It gets to like 7%, then just freezes. I've paused it, cancelled it and tried to do it again, and the same thing happens every time. Just looking for some help or for some troubleshooting? Maybe it's a bad disk, maybe it's something with that particular movie, etc... Any help appreciated! Dirty Sanchez.

2. christ93

christ93 Regular member

Not to be a snot, but try the search function, as this problem has been discussed in many, many threads. '

Now that Im done with that, Resident Evil and a whole slew of other movies are protected with a new copy protection scheme from Sony called ARccos. Download DVDDecrypter and check out the guides section here for how to use it.

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

This is what this movie does without AnyDVD running. Did you install AnyDVD and not reboot your computer? Do you see the little fox in the taskbar? Does the AnyDVD info window pop up when you put the movie in your drive?

4. drtysnchz

drtysnchz Member

I did do the search several times and did see that some people were having similar problems, but none of them answered my specific question. Again, I just started this week... And also, I do have the little fox on my taskbar, however I don't remember the AnyDVD window popping up while I was trying to burn. I'll download the decrypter and see if that helps... thanks!

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

AnyDVD just runs in the background, it only pops up when you first put your disk in. It is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background, the DVD then appears unprotected and region code free. It is just supposed to sit in the tray, you then open DVD Shrink encode and burn, AnyDVD will not appear again. Make sure the little fox in the taskbar is red, not gray. If it is gray the program is not enabled. If this program is not workinf for you then try DVD Decrypter it will handle the new encryptions.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  6. christ93

christ93 Regular member

Sorry about being a snot drtysnchz. I have read that most people that use AnyDVD recommend disabling it before using DVDDecryptor. They find that it will crash Decryptor.

7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Actually make that - some - people have problems with both running.

With AnyDVD, go to the settings and select "show info". Then when AnyDVD has finished doing its thing, a page will showup telling you what was found and removed. Then you should start your ripping, etc.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  8. christ93

christ93 Regular member

I did not know that bilbo. Does AnyDVD have any problems with ARccos?

9. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

AnyDVD was the first decrypter to handle that protection scheme. It will handle 100% of the current encryptions.

10. loveya

loveya Guest

AnyDVD doesn't work w/ all system. I tried it once, I kept getting errors telling me to uninstall the most recent thing I've download.

The problem is problem is probably w/ the DVD. Same thing happen 2 me. I tried copying this disc and it freezes during the middle about 50% done. My disc have finger print,scratches, and my sis spill milk over it. that's y i was tryin to copy it. It work fine in the Dvd player. I don't give, go 2 BLOCKBUSTER or something and just rent one. Then copy it. That's what I've alway do. Good if u had a monthly unlimited plan, that's what I have.

11. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

Sometimes I need to redownload for the program to work try that

12. Batman400

Batman400 Member

I think your problem is that you dont have the most recent version of AnyDVD, I was using it and having the same problems and like you beat my head against the wall several times and then saw a post here CANT COPY THIS DVD and that was it download the latest version
    AnyDVD 5, That was it no problems since then
    DVD Shrink and AnyDVD5 running in the back ground well DVD Shrink is analysing you will see the top bar ENCRYPTION -- NONE and I had to slow down the burn speed as well to 4X but great copys ever since

Batman400

13. *dvd*

*dvd* Member

I have burned this movie using Super Clone DVD, went thru without a problem.

14. drtysnchz

drtysnchz Member

Thanks to everyone for all your help. I'll start trying some of your suggestions and go from there!