1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Shrink Freezes

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Arastar, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Arastar

Arastar Guest

Hi all!

First time here so I'll start by saying thanks to all that can lend some info to my problem. My PC specs will be below.

I have just started using Dvdshrink and Dvd Decrypter. Decrypter works fine and I've been able to use DvdShrink once so far with no problems. Now, for some reason, it'll get to maybe 2% done and it will just freeze causing me to have to reboot the system. This happened the first time I used it and I looked and found that I had two of the same ActiveX programs running at once. I thought that may have caused some sort of video conflict because I couldn't even play the movie without it freezing. Now, I have no idea what could be causing the problem.

Any thoughts? For the most part, everything is updated driver wise. I have not updated my Mobo Bios 'cause it seems to be quite an effort and risky to do so. Plus, I'm not convinced that'd be the reason for my troubles with DVDShrink. Again, worked once. On another note, sometimes it will freeze BEFORE I even click "back up". It obviously has something to do with the program conflicting with settings in my pc.

One last thing...when I start to "back up", it says it's going to take almost 3 hours. The first movie I did took less than one hour to do.

Thanks for the input!!

Soyo Kt333 Dragon Ultra Platinum
    512mb Pc2700
    60gb HD
    60gb HD
    10GB HD
    MSI Ti4200 128mb Vid card
    Windows XP SP2

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Is this the only movie that Shrink has problems with? Cause it seems to me if it freezes even if you try to play it then its a disc problem. Not a program problem.

3. stbs4clk

stbs4clk Member

I had the same problem with several programs and it turned out that my CPU fan wasn't big enough. It would overheat and freeze the system when I was doing CPU intesive tasks. Are you overclocked? If so, try running it at it's normal range and see if that helps. Just a shot in the dark.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

how much HD space you got where shrink is making the files?

15gig?

5. Arastar

Arastar Guest

I'll answer all questions so far.

As of now, yes, Shrink is the only program that causes freezes.

On the disc that I have the movie files on there's 25gig left. Maybe not enough?

Yes, the CPU is overclocked. I'll try going back to it's normal speed and see if that helps.

Thanks and I'll post when I can report new news.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

In your statment above you said that DVD Shrink freezes when you do that particular DVD and also said it Freezes when you try to play it. I am asking is this DVD the only 1 that freezes with DVD Shrink or does other DVDs you try to rip freeze during process. If its just that DVD that is freezing then you more then likly have a bad DVD.

7. Arastar

Arastar Guest

At this point I had only tried 2 DVD's. The first one worked, this one wouldn't.

BUT, I uninstalled Shrink and reinstalled, ran it and it worked! Man is this confusing. I'll have to try another and see what happens.

Thanks for the input so far!!