1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink freezes

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dirtyron, Jan 31, 2007.

1. dirtyron

dirtyron Member

My computer needed a new mother board recently. Before the new board wad fitted I always used DVD Shrink 3.2 for backing up my DVD's and had no problems. Now since I've had a new mother board, DVD Shrink just freezes (the whole computer does) when it is 'encoding'. I recently installed ripit4me, DVDencryter and FixVTS after reading this forum. Re-tried and no difference.
    Is this the mother board or am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

In Shrink's preferences, do you have a check mark in Enable Burning With Nero? If so, uncheck it.

3. dirtyron

dirtyron Member

thanks for the tip. I have tried it and it made no difference. The whole PC freezes at different percent stages of the encoding process. Sometimes the pC freezes at 9%, sometimes at 78% - it is totally random.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you sure the mother board was the problem in the first place? This sounds like it could be a problem with the processor or the tempurature of the processor to be more specific. When is the last time you replaced your heat sink and fan? Encoding is very labor intensive on a processor and if it is over worked or over heating you are going to have issues. Try removing the side panel on your PC and put a regular old house fan blowing on the computer. Then give it another go if it seems to work then your problem most likely is heat and you need to invest a little money into some decent case and processor fans.

5. dirtyron

dirtyron Member

thanks for the tip - I will try. The power supply on my PC went - the PC shop it was the mother board - I trusted them. I have used DVD shrink many times with no problems. Might be just co-incidence DVD Shrink hasn't worked since the new mother board was install - not have my speakers by the way!!!

It is just so frustrating. Do I have to use DVD Shrink ? can't I use the other tools and then Nero? I a bnit new to all this.

Thanks.