1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink freezes

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Arjay41, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Arjay41

Arjay41 Member

I have many downloaded video clips which I have converted to DVD format using Win AVI converter. Till recently I used DVD Shrink to re-author many of these converted clips and burn them onto compilation DVDs - but starting a couple of weeks ago Shrink freezes when the backup button is pressed..
    Other programs I have tried seems to only accept five or six clips max and takes many hours!
    I have and use many conversion programs and would convert the clips into ANY format that would speed up proceedings.
    So - a few questions from a puzzled senior citizen newbie...
    (1) Has anyone got a suggestion about what has happened to Shrink? I have uninstalled and reloaded it a few times to no avail.
    (2) Is there a substitute for Shrink - which I have used without any problem for years?
    (3) Is there another program that would burn compilation DVDs of in a reasonable time, particularly if the clips were changed to a suitable format - Ashampoo Shrink and Burn sounds like a possibility - any opinions?
    Thanks in advance,
    Roger.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Arjay41

Arjay41 Member

4. attar

attar Senior member

Your sure there are no unwelcome guests in your PC hogging the CPU;have you ran MalwareBytes etc to verify that it's clean.
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
    I don't think AnyDVD is relevant except where an actual protected movie disk is involved.
    If you can pick a restore point prior to the problem it might help.