1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Shrink gets Out Of Memory error, how to fix?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Stry-Ker, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

I have tried increasing virtual memory, but has not worked. Of course the problem movie is RE2. It has ripped fine but cant use shrink to compress it.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/140210
    Pay attention to the DVD Decrypter "special patch" solution for the movie with the PSL settings. There are others for some particularly hard movies.

AnyDVD handles most unreadable sector encryption. I suggest using the new AnyDVD Beta and let it run in the background and use DVD Decrypter to rip the files to the hard drive. I've yet to run into a movie I couldn't rip using the 2 at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2005
  3. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

well like i said i ripped the movie fine to the HD, but when i goto compress it for burning with shrink it runs out of memory for some reason.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Okay, so it is strictly a memory problem. That boils down to system resources. Either the Shrink has become corrupted and not utilizing the memory properly, or for some reason you are physically running out of space. How much free space have you got left on your hard drive? If you give a percentage, then what is the HD size to go along with it?

5. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

8.9gigs left on c
    26.4 left on g

Both are out of 80 gig drives, as far as shrink being corrupt it does everything else fine. Usually no errors.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Well, that 8.9GB on C: shows you're getting close to the edge; especially since you're trying to record a large movie. Take a look at what you're doing. The PC is creating temp files as it works and a lot of things get stored in temp memory (on the C: drive). Then you have DVD Shrink creating a huge temp file while doing the encode for RE2. With all these files taking up space on that final 8.9GB left to C:, I wonder how much space is left for the OS to do it's tasks. If you can, free up another 7GB or so on the C: drive and see if that helps. If giving the drive some more working space doesn't help, try cleaning up the system and do a clean install of the program.

If there's nothing wrong with Shrink and you have plenty of space, then you don't have a problem. Since you're complaining of a problem, there has to be something wrong there somewhere.

7. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

Well i updated decryptor today, and ran the new beta of anydvd, AND freed up some space and it compressed fine with Shrink. Thx for the help.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Glad to be of help. Your success tells me something about the AnyDVD beta and Decrypter. It doesn't take the PSL files to do the RE2 rip with Decrypter. You have now succeeded where a lot of people have failed trying to record RE2. Congrats and good luck in the future. AnyDVD is constantly being updated to keep up with industry changes in encryption. It pays to visit the Slysoft website periodically to check for updates to AnyDVD. Keep an eye out for updates to DVD Decrypter as well. Lightning UK appears to like keeping his offering up to date as well.

BTW, with the AnyDVD beta, did the DVD Decrypter slow down drastically at any point while ripping RE2?

9. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

no i would say it took about 30-35mins to fully rip with that combo.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Now if that setup will rip LBB you can say you have the best setup on the market. I haven't got a copy to try it out yet. They say Little Black Box is the most difficult movie yet to rip. Good luck. If you try that one, let us know how it goes. Remember to leave yourself plenty of working space to.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Stry_ker
    Just thought I'd add, they say the updated Decrypter 3.5.2.0 may handle these encryption systems by itself. As for me; since I have it, I'm leaving the AnyDVD on. It doesn't hurt anything and I know it has helped in the past. With Shrink, you can leave it on and only need to bring in the Decrypter when you run into something anydvd and shrink can't handle. Good luck.