1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink gives me an error when I import a DVD edited with DVD Remake?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by driggers, Feb 22, 2005.

1. driggers

driggers Member

I typically rip a DVD with DVD Decrypter in file mode. Import the files into DVD Remake and remove every little thing I can except the main movies or episodes and the basic menu.

Things like the warnings, or the chapter screens.

I used to do this all the time. Now I reformatted and things are different. I import the DVD files that I ripped into DVD Remake like usual from my G drive, take what I want out, and export it to a file on my D drive. Then I open DVD Shrink and try and import the newly edited files and get this error.

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Invalide data in file "D:\dvd remake pro temp\VIDEO_TS.VOB""

Do you think it is because I am using two different drives? Because I am almost positive I am not taking out anything important to mess anything up. In fact I just took out the FBI Warning screen and still got an error.

Thanks for the help!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What happens if you try to import the unaltered rip you made with Decrypter?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

My question would be why use DVD Remake and Shrink? Try just importing the files you ripped with Decrypter into Shrink and take out all the junk you dont need. Take Remake out of the process all together..

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I think he uses DVD Remake to keep a menu. In dvd shrink, once you reauthor, you lose the menu, and there's no way in dvd shrink to create a menu for the parts you keep.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ohh I see... OKeee Dokee :)

6. driggers

driggers Member

I can import an unaltered ripped DVD from Decrytor to DVD Shrink just fine. but if i take just the FBI Warning Screen out then its a no go. It used to work before my format.

Also a lot of the DVD's I do are episodes, so I take out the ending credits which is a substantial enough amount.

I have read of some people ripping with Shrink, taking out the big extras, mainly the sound, then importing those files to DVD Remake and burning.

I like my way better because I can rip anything without worry with DVD Decryter, get out everything that I dont need like credits and logo screens, then I take out the big stuff like sound and things with DVD Shrink, it re-encodes it and burns it while I let it be for about about 40 min.

I'll try doing everything on one single disk drive now though.

Any other ideas otherwise?

7. driggers

driggers Member

i tried in on the same drive, no luck.

do you think it could just be incompatible versions? im pretty sure its the same version of dvd shrink, possibly different with the dvd remake pro.