1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Has Becaome An OAP

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by fitzy69, Jan 17, 2005.

1. fitzy69

fitzy69 Member

Hi Everyone

I have tried searching the forum for answers to my question but nothing of any help.

As the subject title suggests i'm having a problem with DVD Shrink v 3.2, it has sudden;y gone very very slow. I used to be able to copy a DVD from start to finish i approx 1hr. Now once i have opened shrink and compressd the movie and clicked on the backup button the encoding window states a figure of at least 120hrs and upto 245hrs just to encode at a rate of approx 10 - 23 kps. Now i have tried this with 10 new DVD's i got for Xmas and also with dozens of DVD's that i have already backed up in the past still get the same promlem. The only thing i have done over the last month is install a new Plextor DVDWriter PX-716A but still have old Sony DRU-510AK DVDWriter installed, can anyone shed any light on this problem or experianced anyhthing similar? Should i uninstall and reinstall shrink?

Regards

Fitzy

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Those are some sloooow times WOW
    check to make sure your data tranfer is in dma and not pio:http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx
    good luck
    jim

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  3. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Hey it never hurts to defragmentate your files, check if you have any program in the background hogging up resources and how much ram do you have.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Also, check for malware. That will F with your system.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005