1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK HAS BECOME SLOW

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by VERACITY, May 4, 2004.

1. VERACITY

VERACITY Guest

I'm somewhat new to this, so I'm hoping someone will help me out. I've been using dvd shrink, and encountered an error message "Cycle Redundancy Check", I downloaded an ASPI file, uninstalled, then reinstalled dvd shrink. Now it shows that it will take an avg. of 180 hours just to encode a movie. Can someone please help ???

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Veracity, That shrink error is usually caused by the original disc being dirty, scratched, or has corrupt information. I'm guessing the time shown is because Shrink can't get past the bad area. Check the DVD you are trying to rip.

Jerry

3. VERACITY

VERACITY Guest

Hello Jerry, I've tried several discs and they all do the same thing,I believe there is something corrupted in my system. Perhaps you would know of a software I can download to determine if there is one ?

Thanks.

4. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

Haven't heard of CRC errors appearing unless the disc is damaged. CRC errors are usually from a disc that is dirty or corrupt, even if it appears to be in new condition. I've heard that DVD Decrypter is better at handling these types of discs. You may also want to try a regular DVD-ROM b/c I have had these errors w/ my burning drive, but it will work every once in a while when I use the DVD-ROM to rip. Depends on the laser in the optical drive, so you can also try a disc cleaner and see if that helps.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi again Veracity, Here's a few things to try. Download DVDinfopro. I don't have the link but just do a search for it. this will check the discs for you and also has many other features. Then go to your device manager and remove your burner drive. Reboot and let Windows re-install it and the drivers. Your drive install may have become corrupt. Check the IDE controllers in device manager and make sure they are all set to DMA if available NOT PIO. See if any of this helps.

Jerry

6. michigan

michigan Guest

CRC errors are usually damaged discs. I have one (Timeline) that has a very bad "die job" on the outside of the disc, at 49% - 51% I would get a CRC error. Returned the "Damaged" disc got another one worked fine.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member