1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink has its ups and downs

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by matt72, Mar 28, 2005.

1. matt72

matt72 Regular member

I have been nosing around this site for awhile before I decided to join. I can truly say the knowledge (including guides and personal tips) has helped me back up numerous hard to find dvds. DVD shrink is great as long as the disc is in good condition. The software along with afterdawns' forums is great and very user friendly. I would suggest all who wish to try dvd backup software I suggest using dvd shrink(free) along with dvd decrypter (also free). One thing, is there a way to get around when the disc has 1 sector not being being read. Anyway hopefully as I get better at using this software I can be a great asset to this forum.

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

Welcome to AD
    Shrink and Decrypter are both excellent programs for anyone getting started in DVD burning and you can''t beat the price!

I always use Decrypter to rip and a variety of programs to compress/encode

DVD Shrink [bold]Free[/bold]
    Nero Recode2 [bold]Purchased with Ultra[/bold]

For the best Quality
    DVD Rebuilder Ver.0.80 [bold]Donation[/bold]
    CinemaCraft Encoder [bold]Purchased[/bold]
    Nero to burn

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i keep hearing about this 'purchased' notion, it's a tad alien to me, but i suppose it could catch on

:)

4. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

I have to agree. With the tremendous variety of programs out there, you can definitely have your choice. Therefore, I choose FREE (with a small donation, of course). I have used many programs, but always come back to 'ol reliables "DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter". They give me no reason to look elsewhere.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yeah, and lightning_uk is keeping dvd decrypter up to date, no need to pay for any software just yet.
    sends shivers up my spine, paid software, it's like heresy!