1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Help Please

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Doofy, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

Hi All

I am hoping someone can help me out with this one If i back up a dvd with dvd decrypter and dvd shrink it turns out perfect all the features menus etc plays on every thing i put them through, the problem is if i try to put a backup through dvd shrink or dvd decrypter i get read errors or
    it just freezes. is it possible to back up a back up? they al play fine in my compp i just can't seem to copy a backup

Many thanks for any help

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

Doofy

I make backups of backups or copies of copies quite often. You said your copy plays ok in your computer...how about your DVD player? Your player will be more apt to let you know if you made a good backup. Pauses, freees, pixelation, etc are signs of a not-so-good backup.

I use 2 methods. The first and easiest is to use Nero 6 and the DVD-Copy option. I don't use the copy-on-the-fly setting. The second is to run my backups I made with DVDXCOPY using DVD Decrypter to rip to my HD then burn the files to disc using Nero 6 in DVD-Video mode.

If you can't rip a copy it's probably not a good copy.

RWG

3. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

Y run a back up through Shrink? Just copy it using what ever program you used to burn the first one with. i use nero6 and never had a problem

4. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

Thanks for the help so far the thing is every back up i make has not failed to play in my comp or any stand alone i have tried everything works perfect i just cant back up a backup, the one thing i have noticed is this, if i make a back up of disc WITHOUT using shrink it will recopy fine no problems whatsoever if i use shrink to back it up i can't back it up no matter what i do

5. malum

malum Regular member

You have no need to use shrink, it's already shrunk.

6. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

My mistake i havent explained my self properly
    no matter what program i use be it nero clone dvd i cannot copy a disc that i have backed up
    with shrink if i haventshrunk a disc it will copy in nero or anything else but if it's shrunk it will not copy with anything i put it through gets all sorts of read errors, but it plays fine in my pc and all the standalones i have tried

7. koola

koola Guest

DVD Decrypter will copy a copy.

Guide at my website below.

8. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

Thanks for the guide and i think i may have solved the problem being new to this dvd game i did not realise that dvd media varied in quality so much i backed up a disc on some cheap media and i could not copy the back up so i changed the media for another brand and it copied fine so i can only presume it was the media can ne1 tell me which is the best media to use and like wise what are the ones to avoid

Many thanx

9. koola

koola Guest

Ritek G03 or G04 is excellent quality and very compatable with most DVD players on the market.
    Branded media in general like TDK, SONY etc are all high quality media which will cause you no problems :D

10. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

Thanx for that one i took the advice of the shop where i got the writer from and bought
    some bulkpaq Comes up as princo, i won't be buying tem ones again

11. koola

koola Guest

Thats true! Bulkpaq DVD discs look good on paper and price but not on performance!
    Better to stay safe, better to stay with quality :D

12. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

True it would seem to be that way i just backed up a copy onto verbatim DVD+R plays great on my standalone and backs up fine as well i have never been able to do that with the BulkPaq discs

13. koola

koola Guest

They are just a complete waste of time and money. Probs why they wanted to get rid of them at the shop :D

14. bluedogs

bluedogs Member

I use princo b grade disks and I have absolutly no problems with them and I get 100 disks for $100 and they will copy a copy that has been thourgh dvd shrink. if nero 6 not working try dvdxcopy platinum select simple and click on copy entire disk and click start dont forget to that some of the cheaper disks may not hol as much as say a verbatim or ritek