1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by angelluv, Sep 22, 2004.

1. angelluv

angelluv Member

Ok i downloaded the dvd shrink as was suggested. well i dont have a clue how to use it when i try to open a file it wont open because it keeps giving me an error that it cannot open the file. all my attempts to use any software to burn a dvd have not worked. my wants are to burn a dvd so that it will play on my home dvd player. could someone please help me with this with a walkthru or anything im so frustrated.
    thanx
    angelluv

2. gorangel

gorangel Guest

3. gorangel

gorangel Guest

4. angelluv

angelluv Member

ok i got the dvd decrypter but wow im lost i cant figure it out when i try and add a file i get a message of either file not supported or out of disc space. sorry to be a pain but i am very new to all this .

5. gorangel

gorangel Guest

Angelluv
    Please post your computer specs.
    Remember :to back up a dvd you have to
    1-rip the dvd files to your HD
    2-Re author-compress the files to fit DVD-5
    3-Burn the results.
    The links i posted will guide you step by step through all that process.

6. angelluv

angelluv Member

ok my specs are
    2.7 GHz intel processor
    5125 MB ddr sdram memory
    120 GB hard drive
    LG dvd rom , combo rewritable cdrom 16xdvd 52x32x52x
    LG super multi dvd + rw , cdrom rewritable

it has onboard sound and video

i have the dvd on my hd but dont know how to compress it to dvd5

i went to the links you posted and thank you for those i still cant figure out the programs but will keep trying .
    thanx
    angelluv

7. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

angelluv..... give this a try. It's an official ScubaPete guide. If you don't know who that is, then you'll learn if you stick around AfterDawn long enough. The guy knows his stuff.....

Hope this helps you out.

8. angelluv

angelluv Member

first off i have to say that all you people are fantastic i cant imagine another forum where everyone is so helpful. i am extremely dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff and you all have been so wonderful with this dumbass.
    i will most definatly try out that which was suggested to me. as for me sticking around you can count on it. if in the future i can help someone out like all of you have helped me i will do so.
    thanx again
    angelluv

9. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Make sure to let us know if you had any success or not so we can keep trying to get you going in the right direction.
    Good luck!

10. junior1

junior1 Member

i got lost on the
    Now, take just a second and under “Target Device” go to “Select backup target” once there, select “ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter" Finally, where it says “Select target image file”, browse till you find your created folder for your backup and click “Save”. That’s it ! Click “OK” and DVD Shrink burns that ISO image to your HD. It then opens DVD Decrypter and has it burn the ISO image to your waiting blank DVD.
    Don’t use your PC for anything at all while it’s working. -

11. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

junior1....
    What part of it did you not understand?
    When you click on backup, a new window pops up. There should be a tab titled "target device"(should already be on top). Then you should be able to follow the rest of the instructions.

Hopefully that gets you back on path. Let me know. I'll keep helping until I get you to make a good backup.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Presario..Athlon 2.16Ghz..512MB RAM..140G HD..HP 300n[/small]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  12. angelluv

angelluv Member

once again thank you so so much. well from all my failed attempts i am now out of dvds lol figures. so now i have to wait until monday to get more im going to get a rewritable one this time . what can i say accept that im a natural blonde who is now a red head and i swear that the dye sank in too far this time :) so as soon as i get that ill try again following the istructions to the letter. i will of course post what happens be it good or bad.
    angelluv

13. angelluv

angelluv Member

ok i went and got the rw's and tried to burn a dvd well when i put into my home dvd player it now says it is a dvd and not a no disc error. but when i go to play it is black and white and rolls up and down the screen and also has no sound. what did i do wrong? would making the burn speed higher help? im slowly getting closer to burning a dvd and getting it to play.
    angelluv