1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bad13oy, Oct 14, 2004.

1. bad13oy

bad13oy Member

O.k First off thanks for any help you guys provide.. Here we go.. ABout 2 months ago i had a problem with my dvd burner not reading cd-r disc.The company replaced the drive.they suggested i update my firmware which i did. Now the problem. I've never had a problem with shrink always worked great.. First i saw everyone had a problem with the jim carey movie eternal sunshine. I re-autohered it and back it up. After it said completed i tried to play on dvd player. Nothing . looked at the disc it almost looked blank. But you could see a little bit of writing. So i tried again, same thing except this time there was about 2 minutes of the movie then it froze.Looked at the disc same thing.It looked like the burner started writing then after about 2 seconds stopped. Not sure if it is a shrink error, but i figured i'd start there.Sorry so long. but just wanted to paint a picture for you. Also i told the writer compnay about the problem and they suggested updateing my aspi 4.71.2.. Which i did same thing... thanks for any help. Hope you can.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You really want to test your burner? Try backing up this movie using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. You can use the full versions for 21 days. I did this movie using those two programs.

With AnyDVD, you don't do anything. You just make sure it's running. It disables copy protections. Then just launch CloneDVD2 and do the whole movie. Only remove audio languages you don't want. If it works, then your doing something wrong with Shrink. If it doesn't work ... I would say bad factory disc or bad burner or something else :)

AnyDVD:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/anydvd.cfm

CloneDVD2:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/clonedvd.cfm