1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink: how come it doesn't always automatically burn?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by twofake, Sep 24, 2004.

1. twofake

twofake Member

I have been using DVD shrink and Nero Burning ROM. After backing up, the DVD shrink usually automatically checks for a blank disc but now it just says that backup is complete and I can burn from the stored files. I have not changed any settings at all.
    Could someone explain why this is so please?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi twofake, welcome to AfterDawn!

Check this first...

Go into Edit> Preferences> File I/O and make sure the "Enable burning with Nero" box is checked.

Frank

3. twofake

twofake Member

Yes Frank, this is checked and it still does not automatically burn.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Have you tried removing and reinstalling Shrink? Nero? Also if you are running XP, you can restore back to when the app was working right.

I've run into this before and the last time it happened I was able to correct it by removing and reinstalling Shrink. I think at the time I had been messing around with my Nero installation and that affected the way Shrink addressed Nero for the burn.
    Cheers,
    Frank

5. twofake

twofake Member

Thanks Frank. I may try to do that uninstall and reinstall. It is unusual because I haven't been fiddling with any settings. Also can you tell me how I "can restore back to when the app was working right." in Windows XP?

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Before you do a restore, Check one more time that you have Nero selected in Preferences and you have your burner selected as your target device in your backup settings. I know you checked this once but just to be sure...

Restore points are created whenever you install programs and at intervals called System Checkpoints. You can usually go back a month or more. At any rate, the way I do it is go to Control Panel> Performance and Maintenance. In the upper left of the P&M window you should see System Restore listed in the See Also menu. Click on that and The System Restore window opens. It's defaulted to "Restore my computer to an earlier time", which is what you want to do. Click Next and just pick one of the available restore points from the calendar. Click Next again and the process will begin. You have the option to undo the restore if you are not happy with the results.
    Frank