1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink - ifo? bup? files

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by iowarain, Aug 3, 2003.

1. iowarain

iowarain Member

I am in the U.S and have downloaded the free dvd shrink and tried it on the movie "RoboCop" using the guide. I successfully compressed it and saved it to my computers hard drive. The guide directed me next to use "Burning preautuored dvd-video using Nero" I didn't have Nero, but the article said that the directions would apply to most burning software. I decided to try to use it with Windows Easy CD creator DVD edition. I imported video files, but it had no way of importing .ifo and .bup files.

Question: Could someone enlighten me - are these common files (.ifo .bup) in the burning software world? Does Windows Easy CD/DVD creator plain not work? Do you suggest getting Nero or Alcohol 120%?

I did get DVD X Copy based on them saying I could get everything on one disk - I feel like it is extremely false advertising! If I can burn with this instead, after using dvd shrink to compress, please tell me how!!

Thank you for sharing your knowledge! -Iowarain

2. iowarain

iowarain Member

Forgive me for bumping this question up - I thought my question was simple enough - perhaps not...

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Thanks for bumping it; I missed it the first time around.

Now, I haven't used DVD Shrink in a while, and I'm not in front of my home computer, but I'll try to answer as best I can from memory. (Oriphus, Herb, Tosca, or Prisoner, please feel free to jump in and correct me.)

You take allof those files and put them into a folder called VIDEO_TS (The caps and underscore are importnant.) Then you take your favorite burning program and select data disc, and copy the entire VIDEO_TS folder onto the disc.

Myself I prefer using RecordNow, you can get a trial version here: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/recordnowmax.htm

There's a tutorial for DVD Shrink here if it helps: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/141024.php#dvd9dvdshrink

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

download the free trial of nero and use the wizard to make a dvd video and see if that works (thats what i use and perfect every time). I never had any luck making my own VIDEO_TS folder and burning it. Nero creates the folders needed by itself. Just drag all the files into the video_ts folder in nero and burn.