1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink is saying 97 min film too big?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by keeponb, Oct 14, 2004.

1. keeponb

keeponb Member

I've been using DVD Shrink 3.1 for some time now with great success backing up my DVDs, but just stumbled on a problem. I tried to re author just the film portion of "Escape from Witch Mountain" and DVD shrink says it's too big. The film is only an hour and 37 minutes long. The bar has 4,464 MB in green, then has a small red section at 4,830 MB. This is with both the audio commentary and english subtitles deselected. Can't figure out why it's doing this.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Try unchecking DTS and just leave AC3

3. keeponb

keeponb Member

There was no DTS option. Everything was unchecked except AC3 English. Thanks for the response.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Don't know if it will help, but you could try using the new Shrink 3.2

5. hijacker

hijacker Guest

Ok,it's it the red.You need to take some things out like director's commentaries or, if you just want the movie itself and no extras go to re-author and click main movie folder or you will see a file under main movie it will be just one or two for full-sceens or widescreen. drag and drop it to the window on the left the small one where the pre-view screen normally is.

6. keeponb

keeponb Member

That's what I did though. I reauthored it and selected the just the one film title and removed the commentary and left only the AC3 English on. I actually tried removing everything but the film just to see if it would make it right and it still had a small section of red. I've never had the problem with any dvds, even films that over 2 hours so I don't know why there was a problem with a 97 minute film.

7. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

I experienced this on the very FIRST dvd I ever tried to back up. What I was eventually advised to do was back up to the hard drive with Shrink, then open those files up with Shrink and compress them again. It worked fine for me.

DF