1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink is unable to compress DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Robber, May 28, 2004.

1. Robber

Robber Member

Hi everyone,

I want to burn a copy of my Dave Matthews Band Listener Supported DVD. Having burned many dvds using dvd decrypter and then DVD Shrink, this is the first problem I've encountered. For some reason, DVD Shrink is unable to compress the DVD to the appropriate file size. The compression is only 56.9% on the main movie, and the extras are of negligible size. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in this matter. Thanks!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

56% is quite a bit of compression. You might try running the film through Shrink once more.

3. Robber

Robber Member

Should I simply then ignore the warning that I receive when I click "back-up" and then when all of the files have been compressed, run another compression?

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  4. Nephilim

While I've never done it myself, others here have and I believe it worked running the files though Shrink a second time after the initial rip/compression.

The only other option I could suggest would be to try another compression app like DVD2One or Nero Recode and see if they can do it.

5. Robber

Robber Member

I successfully shrunk the dvd with DVD2ONE, fortunately. However, I am still baffled as to why DVD Shrink could not do the job.

6. Nephilim

Every now and again there is a title that Shrink just doesn't like, no rhyme or reason to it :)