1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink ISO problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by RuinerD, Dec 30, 2004.

1. RuinerD

RuinerD Guest

I used this program for a year and now, for some reason, it will no longer create an ISO image. Instead, it dumps multiple l00,l02 files into the dest. folder. Has anyone had this problem?

I am no newbie and I am baffled by this sudden turn.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2004
  2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

The image file created is broken into chunks by shrink to be compatible with older file systems, incl FAT 32. There should be a .MDS file in the destination folder as an instruction set to tie all the numbered files together. Therefore, your "image" is the .MDS file. Just choose it with the program "open image" command.

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Yes, it's obvious you are trying to save the ISO Image to a non NTFS file system drive or partition.

Are you using a different drive or partition than you did before? A different computer?

If you are using XP is there a reason you would have a FAT 32 drive or partition?
    For example, do you also run a older version of Windows or maybe Linux on that same computer?
    For example, computers that come with the Operating system installed often have a main partition that the OS runs on and a backup partition that contains a backup version of the system for restoration.

That main partition maybe NTFS but the backup partition is often FAT 32.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005