1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink .iso problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by wemale, Mar 24, 2005.

1. wemale

wemale Member

I have been storing movies on the hard drive on my sony and Dell as a single .iso file and playing them whith windows media player with no problem. I tried to do the same with my Gateway and I get 3 files for each movie (DVD Volume 100 file), (DVD Volume I01 I01 file) and (Dvd Volume MDS File). I dont understand why it is creating 3 files for each movie instead of one. Please help!

2. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Check out this thread...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/159739

I'm assuming you used dvd decrypter/dvd shrink to rip the movie as an iso and got the mds and other associated files...

The type of hard drive you initially used to ripped the movie was probably a FAT32, instead of NTFS. Files stored on a fat 32 hard drive can not exceed the 1 GB barrier, therefore decrypter/shrink split the files up, most likely at 0.99...If you had a movie that was about 2 gb, it split the file up into two and produced the .mds file. The link above goes into depth about the purpose of the mds file...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  3. wemale

wemale Member

thanks for the info--greatly appreciated