1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink It default settings Question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by emunity, Sep 15, 2004.

1. emunity

emunity Member

I just updated to the latest version of DVD shrink it.

THere are preferences and when you click backup there are more option tabs.

WHat would you recommned?

These are my current settings:

Under Preferences:

Preferences:Last two cheked

Preview: I chose stero which is the default and System Fedualt Renderer but my friend said to choose "Overlay Mixer"?

Output FIles: I left as default first 4 chekced.

Stream selections: Left at default but my friend chose english for the first filed then checked disable at bottom and AC3 instead of AC3 and LPCM?

File I/O: Left at default third one checked and unchecked Nero because I want to burn with Nero. SHoudl I re-check it? I want to lauchn Nero and mnaully slide in the VOB files etc.

After that I click Re-Author then slode the Main title only into the left field then choose backup:

On the backup menu is a new TAB Stream should I leave that at default?

There are only a couple of tabs I question:

Qaultiy Settings: Should I leave them at default? They are empty fields at default. This seems to be a new feature in this latest version? a are few newer versions.

Options: Leave everything at default? I question the first one run backup in low priotity mode?

Can anyone help me with these settings the guide does not help you with them, and the guid does not mention to you to re-author before backup which is weird.

Thanks

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I wouldn't select the low priority mode. You shouldn't be multitasking when doing backups anyway. You want your system to be able to use its full resources.

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I just found your other thread in this forum. It is against Afterdawn rules to double post. People come here on their free time, so you may not get an answer right away. Be patient and someone will eventually get around to your question. No need to post it twice. Moderators dislike that alot. Here is a link to the rules in case you need to read them again.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

4. emunity

emunity Member

I only did that this time because I posted in the wrong thread.

Were you able to successfully rip and burn the passion of christ?

If you did what program did you use to rip and burn and which versions of them and settings? Any special settings? I keep getting the narrative part which does not belong there and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks