1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink keeps crashing and resetting only when shrinking

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by neemos, Mar 28, 2005.

1. neemos

neemos Member

Hi Everybody

Is there anyone there that can help me with this one. I've used DVD Shrink for about 2 weeks and have found that it works a charm except when I actually try to shrink a DVD.

I'm trying to backup movies that are around 3 hours long. I set everything correctly, I think, going through all options and double checking everything. When I do try to backup it starts the encoding process to the hard drive showing the preview. Around half way through the process the system reboots. On reload there's a windows message that says system has just recovered from a serious error.

The problem only occurs when I'm shrinking and does not happen if the DVD I'm backing up is the same size or smaller.

The system I have is a pentium 4, 3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 100GB HD. I'm using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15.

What am I doing wrong???

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

neemos,
    Welcome to the forum. I want you to rip The DVD to the HD using DVDDecrypter and then use Shrink to see if that helps.
    Also cutoff your firewall and anti-virus along w/ your internet connection.
    Windows is having conflicts and that is why it powers down. You might try running reg seeker ( free registry cleaner- make sure that you back up the registry) as if there are conflicts in the registry it should hopefully find them.
    Your system has the needed specs to do the DVD's just fine so we need to try and figure out why Windows is shutting you down.
    How many fans do you have on the inside of the Case. You might need to install another fan as if the heat gets to a certain point Windows will shut you down.
    You might take the case side off and do a movie to see if that corrects it and if it does then you need to add more fans to dissipate the heat

3. neemos

neemos Member

Thanks Car.Mike.

Have disbaled firewall and anti-virus software and tried decryptor and then DVD shrink. Worked a treat.

Thanks again for the help.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Glad to here it is now working