1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink kernel32.dll error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by SleepyG, Mar 18, 2004.

1. SleepyG

SleepyG Member

When I'm using DVD shrink, either direct from the DVD drive or from files generated by DVD decrypter, I ALWAYS get an error when Backing up that refers to kernel32.dll??
    Does anyone know why this is, and how I get round the problem? Cheers.

2. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Try to uninstall both DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and reinstall the newest versions of both software, maybe that might help getting the drivers to work again.
    Hope this helps.

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You have a corrupted dll file on your system which is probably nothing to do with Shrink. You can repair it by downloading it from here - just scroll down and click on the OS that applies to you and then search for Kernell32 dll for downloading:
    http://dll-downloads.com/downloaddll.php

4. SleepyG

SleepyG Member

Thanks for the advice. I did as you said and downloaded the zip file to my desktop. However when I try to extract the file to C:\windows\system I get an error message saying the file is in use by windows and can't be overwritten. How do I get round this problem please?

5. movie_777

movie_777 Member

SleepyG,

Try to replace the file by starting in Safe Mode. Just hold F8 when your computer is booting.