1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Locking up the pc

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by doodleink, Sep 24, 2007.

1. doodleink

doodleink Member

Hi all,

This is my first post here so be gentle. :)

I have been an avid fan of DVD Shrink for many years, but I have recently having issues with the program. All of this started a couple of days ago.

When I click on the icon, DVD Shrink acts like it is going to load and then just hangs. When I open Task Manager, the CPU is at 100%. At first it is DVD Shrink that sits at 55 to 90% and then it drops to 3 to 10%. The total usage sits at 100% with Task Manager being the supposed culprit. However, once I end task on DVD Shrink. The system returns to normal.

My system consists of:

1.5gb of Ram
    ECS N400U motherboard
    AMD Athlon 3000
    NVIDIA 7600GT graphics card (256mb)
    USB External DVD Drive
    Win XP SP2

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall from the same install file I used on several of my computers including this one.

I uninstalled and ran CCleaner to remove the old reg files and restarted and then re-installed again.

I tried to end as many processes as I could and then try to run the app and so far nothing has worked.

The only thing that has changed since this started happening is the introduction of new ram (1gb) and the video card. It might be possible that there is a conflict somewhere, but I'm not seeing any issues with any other app on the system.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Chances are the conflict lies with the video card's drivers, if you can, goto the manufacturer's web site and download the latest drivers for your card. Uninstall the video cards existing drivers and reboot, when the PC boots backup just install the updated drivers and see if shrink is happy again.

3. doodleink

doodleink Member

Thanks Johnl123,

Something so simple. I thought the drivers were at the latest release and forgot I had to revert back to the original ones for some earlier troubleshooting. I attempted DVD Shrink and it loaded up just fine. I appreciate the fast response.

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

You're welcome :)