1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink looking for vob that doesn't exist

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by a7mac1, Feb 4, 2004.

1. a7mac1

a7mac1 Member

I'm trying to make a copy of The Emperor's New Groove that is scratched. I finally got all the files ripped with DVD Decrypter and I'm trying to run DVD Shrink to get the size down to fit on a DVD-R. However, DVD Shrink gets to about 75% analyzing and says it can't find the file vts_01_6.vob. I've looked in the video_ts folder on the original disc and there is no vts_01_6.vob. Any ideas?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

First, I would try just using DVDshrink to do both the decrypting and compressing in one step. Second, the missing file shrink is looking for may be right where the scratch is on the original. Usually if the damage is bad enough both shrink and decrypter will error out. Give Shrink a try by itself and see what happens.
    Jerry

3. a7mac1

a7mac1 Member

Yes, Shrink did error out when I tried to decrypt it, which is why I wound up using Decrypter (ignoring read errors).

Does anyone else have Emperor's New Groove (single disc release) that could verify if there is a vts_01_6.vob? I can watch the movie in it's entirety on my computer. Thanks for your reply Jerry.