1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK Memory Error on Vista Ultimate [64]

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by agwild99, Jun 11, 2007.

1. agwild99

agwild99 Guest

I received an error along the lines of "Memory error. The disk is full or has ran out of memory." when using DVDShrink on Vista. I am not new to DVDshrink, but am new to Vista. I have over 1TB of HD space open, and 8GB of RAM. I watched the resource monitor and this happens every time at about the 2GB RAM used point. I assume that DVDshrink is made for only 2GB max, but don't know how to limit what it uses. Anyone have a solution?

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Try running RipIt4Me and then using Shrink, I got Vista 32 and the program runs fine, no problems with either Shrink/Decrypter/RipIt4Me or AnyDVD and Clone.

4. agwild99

agwild99 Guest

Ripit4me is a new one to me (I will check it out), but I also use DVDFab and DVDDecryptor. I hven't had a problem with Fab, and haven't tried Decryptor yet. I just thought that it was an odd occurance with Shrink. It always happens when Shrink reaches the 2GB of RAM point. In searches that I have done I have found games with similar errors, but no references to Shrink.

I am noticing a particular problem with Vista Ultimate 64 wanting to run older 32-bit programming. I am also noticing a major resource leak when I run certain programs. Sometimes My C2Duo runs slower than my 3y.o. P4 2.4GH HT. I don't get it. I have the Duo OC'd to 3.2 GH but it seems slow and easily gets bogged down. If I run is safe mode I don't have that problem. I think that it is Vista.